StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about the 2012 Wee that has people stopping to compliment the bike every time I get gas?

I have only had the bike for one month and 2 days, and have 2100 miles on her. Each of the ten times I have stopped for gas, people always stop and ask what kind of bike is it? Is it really a V-Strom? Where can they get one?

Then proceed to tell me it's 'bad ass', 'nice', 'sweet', etc.

I have a Piaggio MP3500, so am used to people stopping to gawk and ask questions. But I never would have expected the attention the Wee would get.

How do you all deal with the attention the bike receives?

P.S., I love this bike. It's quick and nimble on the pavement, and relatively sure-footed when I take it off road. In all , it's a hoot to drive!

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
One reason I chose a VStrom this time around is because it seemed to have less than remarkable styling than many bikes, and was hoping for less attention at gas stops.

Last time out I got "Nice - Is it a beemer?" twice.

I'm going to start parking behind the gas stations.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Sometimes I think people say "nice bike" for the same reason they say "nice day".

Nobody's said anything to me about the 2012 yet.

·
Registered
23 Posts

I have had many bikes I consider to be "nice". The Wee is one of the few that the general public seems to agree with me. Seems to draw compliments regularly.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sometimes I think people say "nice bike" for the same reason they say "nice day".
+1 I get that from people at gas stations. I think it's mostly from guys that wish their wives would let them have a bike.:green_lol:

·
Registered
237 Posts
I also have had a few who first thought it was a beemer, many good comments though, that I have not received with other bikes.......

·
Registered
97 Posts
The 12' Wee certainly attracts attention, I've had more than a few compliments even at stop lights.. It's all good, better than someone telling you she's an ugly duckling.

·
Registered
56 Posts
my favorite has been when i pass cruisers with wives/girlfriends on that little patch they call a seat. they see my fiance sitting nice and comfy and, if they're stopped, will smack the driver and point and point at us.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I get a lot of compliments on my VEE with the older styling also. I think its mostly a matter of the bike looking "different".

It is part sport bike and part long legged dirt bike. It has some shiny parts and off road crash bars also.

It tickles me to park it at bike night between a couple $30,000 specials and have people stop to look at it and pass the more expensive steel.

I too, get asked a bunch what type of Bemmer it is, which I usually reply to as "a cheap one".

·
Registered
220 Posts
During my first week of ownership, I was stopped in rush-hour traffic downtown and a guy in a red pickup truck with the window down was could not take his eyes off of the bike. Finally, he yells over to me, "Who makes that bike?". When I flipped up the face shield and shouted back, "Suzuki!". He said, "Nice bike; looks like a BMW!"

Made me feel good knowing that the bike was thousands less than a comparably equipped GS650.

·
Registered
66 Posts
rednecks?

remind me to stay the hell out of Ohio.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I used to get the occasional "Is that a BMW" on the Wee but get it constantly on the Glee. I think it's more about the overall look than the missing "S".

·
Registered
106 Posts
Went on a 3 day camping trip last week. Had at least 2 conversations each day at the campsite about the bike. People like the look of them.
The guy next door wants to get one to add to his stable of 4 classics.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The Wee became the most popular member of a party I attended this weekend, including taking a few girls for a ride.. Was the first time I rode two up and realized how roomy the seat is.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts