StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I admit it, I am a tool slut. If I see a hand tool I think I may need sometime in my life I will buy it.
So I was cleaning out my tool box the other day and came across this. I assume I bought it but for the life of me I don't know when or why. The only thing I know for sure is that it is for a bike, car or aircraft and not a boat.
So I'm calling on the group expertise to help me identify what it is and what it does.
It's a 10" long steel rod bent 90 degrees at the 4" mark with a 3/4" nut attached (braized?) on the end.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Muffler bearing adjustment tool.

The bearing threads onto the tool but you need the right angle access.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
:grin2:If had not seen the threads would have guessed a old points type car motor tool to move Dis..when tuning.What ever it looks like a good one!:grin2: Must be a hold for a nut while you adjust a stud IMO.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
For use with another nut as a stud extractor/installer was my first thought, but it seems like a lot of work to replace a nut and wrench. Do you braze? Is it something you could have made?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Mystery solved by Mellow on the ST1300 list. It's the handle for a progressive shock compression tool. I had the handle in my everyday tool box and the rest in my tool chest. Shows how much I used it. I think I got it around 2005 when we were changing the springs on a 1998 VFR.
Thanks Mellow

1 - 7 of 7 Posts