StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for a short 130 miles ride today on my 2017 650 with 20000km on it (13000 miles) and everything was fine until I got home. I turned it off and when I was going to drive into the garage I noticed that my dashboard display is not working. Everything is blank. No light on dashboard and no information at all. Even RPM nidle didn't move. Anybody here experienced something like this?

·
Administrator
5,590 Posts
First check the contacts in the large wiring connection, LH side of the headstock for corrosion.
Then the main plug that goes into the display.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First check the contacts in the large wiring connection, LH side of the headstock for corrosion.
Then the main plug that goes into the display.
That was my first way of thinking - either plug to the display or the ignition switch.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Isn't there an instrument fuse?

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whoever removed my posting on the same issue on 2017 and up 650 I'm sorry but it doesn't make much sense.

·
Administrator
5,590 Posts
Whoever removed my posting on the same issue on 2017 and up 650 I'm sorry but it doesn't make much sense.
I did. It's in the rules. Duplicate threads often become confusing for all.
"Please do not post the same discussion or question more than once. Duplicate posts are frustrating and counterproductive for other members. Duplicate discussions will be deleted or merged." The Rules

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Problem solved and bike is back to normal. I googled it and found the answer here. Blown 15A signal fuse! Thanks to BobAgain who experienced the same issue in the past.

·
Registered
17 Posts
But isn't a blown fuse a symptom and not a root cause?
Do you have a short or something that caused the fuse to blow?

If it only happens this once, then shrug it off. If it happens again anytime soon you should bust out a multimeter (or put the bike in the shop).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts