StromTrooper banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2002 DL1000 VStrom and then found this forum (Meaning I'm very new here.)
What is the difference between a Vee and a Wee? I tried doing a search but it said my search terms were too short in length?
Thanks

·
Stromtrooper $upporter
555 Posts
Vee = the DL1000
Wee = the DL650;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
The Vee is what you have, the DL1000.
The Wee is the DL650, short for the Wee Strom.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
The Wee is the lighter, better handling, more flickable one with the smoother engine, that gets better MPG and cost's less. Sorry somebody had to start it!

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
The Wee is the lighter, better handling, more flickable one with the smoother engine, that gets better MPG and cost's less. Sorry somebody had to start it!
I'd add that "wee" is a slanderous, derogatory, offensive, and disrespectful term applied by those jealous 1000 owners for the exact reasons that khager demonstrated above.;)

And don't get me started on the term "farkle", either. That's a-whole-nother discussion. Call them "accessories". Or anything else. Just not the f-word.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
The Wee may be a bit smaller engine wise but has the Heart of a Champion. Wee Hee Hee Hee.

M

·
0 Posts
You can see that the Wee crowd has some baggage. They've got this ultra-frugal Napoleanic complex that is kinda funny, in a sad sort of way.

·
Registered
22,233 Posts
the wee is less money for less bike, smaller engine, smaller alternator, no handguards, damper rod fork instead of a cartridge fork, , cable clutch, instead of a hydraul;ic clutch cheaper shock

is the Vee heavier, sure, about 40 lb. is it any less agile no

the wee is a competent, budget entry level adventure bike, nothing more

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
I have both in my garage ... I am fortunate to have a few bikes and each has there own purpose. If i had only ONE bike i would choose the Wee. However ... I don't have to :rolleyes: so I choose the Torque Monster Vee and it R O C K S :var_1:

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
the wee is less money for less bike, smaller engine, smaller alternator, no handguards, damper rod fork instead of a cartridge fork, , cable clutch, instead of a hydraul;ic clutch cheaper shock

is the Vee heavier, sure, about 40 lb. is it any less agile no

the wee is a competent, budget entry level adventure bike, nothing more
Mr. Orvis,

Damn you've gotten crotchety in your old age! :)

P.S. I give you the cartridge fork advantage. Everything else is superfluous.

P.P.S. As the owner of a 1000 (ex-owner) and a 650, I can say without a doubt that the 650 motor is better. Oh yes, I went there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
V's and Wee's

I'm almost as new to this site as you. A V is the 1000,or I suppose any V-twin engine??. The Wee-Stom is the 650. Pentonman. :cool:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for explaining that to me although the Wee owners do seem a little defensive. I switched to my Vee from a Kawasaki KLR650 which I thought handled curvy roads well. After just a few days with my Vee, I can't get over how much better this thing handles. I can't imagine how much better the Wee could handle.
I probably need the bigger engine since I'm 6'1" and almost 300 pounds (I know, I know. I need to lose some weight, but there is a little muscle in there too.)
Thanks for explaining the different terminologies to me.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I'd add that "wee" is a slanderous, derogatory, offensive, and disrespectful term applied by those jealous 1000 owners for the exact reasons that khager demonstrated above.;)

And don't get me started on the term "farkle", either. That's a-whole-nother discussion. Call them "accessories". Or anything else. Just not the f-word.

I'm with ya, Man...............:mad:

·
Administrator
13,334 Posts
It is supposed to be good natured ribbing back and forth but some take it too seriously.

Truth is both bikes are great!

..Tom

Thanks for explaining that to me although the Wee owners do seem a little defensive.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Poor little Wee...

The poor little Wees look like a lot of survivors from war-torn countries.

Sad little amputees. (sniff)

I feel so sorry for them. Some of the guys make up a prosthetic tailpipe for them so they won't look so pitiful.

The Vee, on the other hand, is a fully functional bike with all it's God-given parts intact. We thank our higher powers daily in gratitude for being blessed with ownership of such a fine, complete motorcycle.

p.s. Don't listen to the Wee owners. They hear voices in their heads.:p

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have to admit that I'm getting a lot more of a kick out of these responses than I expected when I posted what I thought was a simple question. This is funny.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts