Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is it and what dose it do?
And is it worth what it dose?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
It's a throttle lock (Like a simple cruise control). . . . I've had mine on my 6Fiddy for two years. Don't use it much but when I do it does as advertised.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahhhhh
cool
Thank you.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I have one on my bike as well. The term "throttle lock" is a bit of a misnomer. It only applies just enough pressure to the throttle tube to counteract the return spring, you can still freely work the throttle while it's engaged. It's nice to have if you're going to be on the expressway, but I find I don't really use it that much. If I had to start over with a stock bike and re-buy all my accessories, it would be near the bottom of the list. If I did a lot of interstate riding then my opinion would be different though.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
I use a throttle rocker and find a big difference in wrist fatigue whether the slab or twisties.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have had Throttlemeisters on several bikes. Although they are beautifully made and definitely a high quality product, I feel their design is not very easy to use. As I recall, in order to "activate", you have to turn the end knob the opposite direction you turn the throttle to increase speed. You almost need to bring your left hand over to hold the throttle while your right hand turns the throttlemeister. I also have had universal throttle locks on bikes (have one currently on my Wee and Mean Streak). It's considerably less expensive and much easier, safer, and quicker to use. Not as pretty, but more functional IMHO. Because the universal throttle lock is so much easier to use, I use it a great deal.

·
Registered
238 Posts
MiloFu said:
I have had Throttlemeisters on several bikes. Although they are beautifully made and definitely a high quality product, I feel their design is not very easy to use. As I recall, in order to "activate", you have to turn the end knob the opposite direction you turn the throttle to increase speed. You almost need to bring your left hand over to hold the throttle while your right hand turns the throttlemeister.quote]

Not quite; to engage the Throttlemeister rotate it in the same as applying throttle, and to disengage you simply roll it up, same as shutting the throttle. Proper adjustment is paramount; when I last installed one I used a dime as a spacer, and I only have to use the side of my right hand to engage; they should be adjusted just snug enough to hold the throttle, but not so tight it prevents movement altogether.
Crossing your left hand over to hold the throttle is simply unsafe, and certainly not recommended.
I got mine from RL cycles - they got me the heavy model in matte black for a good discount: http://rlmotorcycles.com/home/default.htm

KevinL

P

·
0 Posts
Kaoko Throttle Lock

Hey there.

Kaoko makes throttle locks for different bikes including the V-Stroms, 650 and 1000.
The quality is second to none and it installs in minutes on the Stroms.
I use mine quite a bit on the highway, sometime I still keep my hand on the grip but I do not have to fight the return spring and can relax my hand.
I don't feel its dangerous at all as the normal panic stop reflex includes closing the gas while reaching for the brake. The roling action is smooth and easy in the "Gas Off" motion.
Adventurer's Workshop sell the locks and many other items for the Stroms.

Check it out>
http://www.adventurersworkshop.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts