StromTrooper banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
March 27th I purchased a “leftover” 2018, Vstrom 1000 (not the XT). I bought it in Alabama, I live in Arkansas. Out the door it was $8,209. Sales tax, licenses and title fees were separate. I “shopped” on line for months. Advertised prices were lower but the there were “prep and set up” fees. These fees ranged from $500-$1,200 bucks. I was satisfied with the price I paid.
Yes that is a good price. About the best I have seen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
“ Out the door” includes bike, taxes and all dealer fees!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are right, I forgot to say excluding taxes. I also put the wrong city :LOL:. That's what happens when you buy a bike from half a world away. I will be back in the US next weekend and can't wait to pick up my new bike!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I forgot to say that the price I paid, also included an OEM center stand shipped to my home when it comes in.
Looks like every one got a good deal and they were all pretty close. There is a NOS 2015 DL1000 in Scott Louisiana if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
472 Posts
$7999 in NH on Craigslist for a zero mile 2018 leftover. But setup/doc fees are mentioned as extra. Not sure if posting links to Craigslist is ok here, so I didn’t.
I would also check with Hillview Motorsports in Latrobe, PA. Bought my leftover 650 there two years ago and they were great to work with, no surprises when I got there, doc fee around $100 as I recall disclosed on phone right away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My price last Wednesday in Colorado Springs for a NOS 2018 DL1000XT was $9700 complete before sales tax.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That is an amazing deal! What did you have for a trade? ( Your deal almost makes me wish I waited, but I got the ich after selling my R1200RS and being bikeless).
I traded a Ducati multistrada and a Kawasaki ninja 1000abs without the tax credit I think it would have been about $8900

·
Registered
73 Posts
FYI, that 2018 model referenced above for $7000 from a dealership in Sanford, FL goes for $9700 out the door. I emailed and asked. Aside from the around $700 in taxes and registration, where the hell does the other $2000 come from ???????

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’m buying my NOS 18 vstrom 1000 next weekend for 10388 out the door. It was 8100 listed.

350 shipping fee 250 set up fee and the rest is title tax and licensing fees.

Washington sucks lol.

Still think I’m getting a decent deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Realistic? I’m guessing in the $9-10k range.

Could you do better than than? Maybe. That being said...I don’t think there’s a chance in hell of getting a new one for $7,000 out the door.

“Excludes tax, title, tags and other fees. For general informational purposes only.”

I would put money on it that they have a hefty assembly and/or shipping fee to tack onto that $7,000.
I bought mine 7.100$ out of the door. The catch was that their warehouse catch on fire, and the storage next to it where my bike was, got smoke inside, bike had 0 miles full warranty. Its 2018 1000 xt yellow. The only thing it got was some smoke on seat and rims. It took me half and hour to cleant it. When i saw it i was like there have to be 500 delivery fee than 1000 restocking fee, cuz price was crazy. And in first week they were holding price at 8.300. I try to lower it down, but the dint wanna hear nothing about that. Finally after 2 weeks of checking price online every night and morning i saw that they put id on sale for 7100. Lol i called and reserve it. I went to the dealer and asked how much would they give me for trade and they offered me 7500 lol.

Sent from my SM-A205U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
I bought mine 7.100$ out of the door. The catch was that their warehouse catch on fire, and the storage next to it where my bike was, got smoke inside, bike had 0 miles full warranty. Its 2018 1000 xt yellow. The only thing it got was some smoke on seat and rims. It took me half and hour to cleant it. When i saw it i was like there have to be 500 delivery fee than 1000 restocking fee, cuz price was crazy. And in first week they were holding price at 8.300. I try to lower it down, but the dint wanna hear nothing about that. Finally after 2 weeks of checking price online every night and morning i saw that they put id on sale for 7100. Lol i called and reserve it. I went to the dealer and asked how much would they give me for trade and they offered me 7500 lol.

So, you got a smoke damaged 2018 XT for $7100 OTD and you also traded in a bike with it?

Trade-ins don't count towards OTD pricing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So, you got a smoke damaged 2018 XT for $7100 OTD and you also traded in a bike with it?

Trade-ins don't count towards OTD pricing.
The bike not damaged. It got 0 damage on. The smoke that got on it is the same smoke that ud get going behind some pick up truck. I asked suzuki dealer how much would he give me for it if i want to trade for 1050. I paid cash.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts