Strom Trooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was searching for new Givi "Monokey" bags, since my used Wee already has the Monokey brackets on them, I came across a few "Kappa" Givi bags.

According to the listing it states, "The K33 side case, with a 33lt capacity, is supplied with the revolutionary Monokey Side® fixing system."

So, does this mean that these bags will fit my Monokey brackets? If so, what's the difference with a Givi vs a Kappa Givi?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
Kappa is a Givi subsidiary and their lower quality line of cases. Kappa cases are of lighter construction but their Monokey cases fit Givi Monokey mounts.

·
Registered
421 Posts
True for many of the Kappa cases, but I think these K33's use a different rack system than the typical Monokey cases. They mount at an angle and use 4 attachment points vs. the typical Monokey case, which uses 3 points.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
I wish Givi would not use the Monokey term for the Kappa K33 or the Givi V35. They both use the angled mount to get the case closer to the bike. The mount they need looks like this.

The mount for every other Givi or Kappa Monokey case has a flat profile rather than curving in at the bottom and looks like this.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Agreed. Now they call it "Monokey Side" instead of "Monokey"....I think they are creating confusion. Also, bring back the e36 cases!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts