StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you using road helmets or motocross? Or both? Which helmets do you like best. (Pic if you got them). I wasn't sure what to get, I was using a Shoei on my BMW, but I opted for an on-sale Arai this time because it seemed to fit me a little better than my Shoei. I went with the Vector-2 (think it might be last years model). It sports my Irish heritage and looks pretty good with the fox orange wee :D

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Using a Nolan N43 Trilogy helmet. Found it on sale for $150. I use it in the 3/4 helmet almost all the time, and when winter rolls around, I put the chinbar on and a foggy insert on the chinbar.

Alexi

·
Premium Member
7,202 Posts
Until recently I was wearing the Scorpion EXO 700, the quietest helmet I've owned. As a matter of fact, it even wipes out the mid range of my iPod . . .

First helmet I'd wear over 65 MPH without earplugs.

Now I'm wearing the Bell Revolver EVO. I always wanted to try a modular helmet but wasn't about to spend over $400 on a whim. The Bell fits and works fine but is MUCH noisier than the Scorpion

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had seriously considered the Schuberth C3 (the women's specific design), but it was too much $$ for me. I have several friends that wear them and swear by them. Maybe someday. But for now this Arai Vector-2 seems like a pretty good helmet.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I was using a shoei rf1000, I recently bought a scorpion exo 500. I wanted to try the flip down sun shield. Its the only helmet I've used on the glee. Its very noisy on the glee, but just fine on the GSXR. I guess seating position plays a big role.

Sent from my MB860 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
631 Posts
Vee is the first perfectly upright seating position bike I've ever had and the helmets I've been wearing (Arai Quantum/F with extra center ram jet and a Vector) are not flowing air as they did on bikes where I was slightly reaching forward and down for the bars...my head being slightly canted forward/down.

When I tilt my head forward roughly 5-7 degrees, suddenly the air flow is rushing in, especially with the Quantum/F. Stock windshield in the middle position and I'm 6'4".

I'm very tempted by the Arai XD4 as it's designed with the rider being in a bolt upright riding position and has vents galore. For cold weather riding, I'll have a larger windscreen in place (maybe a Givi) and will go back to the Vector which has the least effective venting.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is the law in Georgia, but even if it weren't, I would. I would like to keep the few brain cells I have left :D

·
Registered
702 Posts
HJC CL-16 Hellion with PinLoc

·
Registered
664 Posts
Hjc ac12, on sale when I bought it, it's the one I wear when I'll be leaving the helmet sitting on the parked bike. Shoei x11 with a pinlock shield for proper rides, good venting and good in high wind. The x11 is pretty hard to drink out of a camelback hose, as the chin bar is very close to the face. Also bought on closeout. NYS definitely requires helmets, but I wear a full face everywhere else too. Might try the nolan modular, or the qwest for the next hat.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have a very large (63 cm) round head. For safety reasons and because I wear glasses, I like modular helmets. I am currently wearing a bright yellow Zeus ZS-3000A and my preferred brands are Zeus and HJC since they accommodate round heads very well. When it is time to replace my Zeus, I will probably go for a high-viz HJC Symax III.

·
Registered
265 Posts
HJC-CL14, I have that for more than 5 years.
It is time to get something new already.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
After reading another thread, I am going to do a better job of locking my helmet up more securely when I leave it on the bike. My helmet costs me almost $500. Don't really want to lose it. No more locking it by the straps!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
We ( me and my wife ) are both useing HJC IS Max.We find that a modular helmet suits are needs the best.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
242 Posts
Nolan N43 - The best helmet I have for unrestricted field of view, and very comfortable.:yesnod:
I know. It's the imax theater of helmet views. and much more lightweight than my previous helmet (Scorpion EXO 1000)

1 - 20 of 159 Posts