StromTrooper banner

What have you carried in your Givi E21's?

3182 Views 15 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Yak
Hello all,
I am wanting some side hard luggage. I just want them for light touring or daily use to work or run errands. I dont use the bike for any real off-roading so there is no need for the super heavy duty cases. I think they are ugly, but make total sense for the adventures I see everyone taking. I bought this bike because it made a great city bike and light tourer that was comfortable and affordable for someone my height (6'5). I like the E21s best because they look good on the bike and are "top load" at a good price. Will they fit a 2 Liter coke bottle or two in them? Boots?
SO.............what have you fit inside the E21's?
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
878 Posts
I have E21s and a E46 top case and I think that setup is perfect for light touring. For commuting I would just get the top case because at least in California I can lane split much easier. I like the E21s because they topload...I've never fit 2L bottles in there but I'm pretty sure it would fit a couple of them. Boots for sure. I have a goldwing for longer touring.

· $tromtrooper
2,395 Posts
Waterproof notebook & pencil, first aid kit, air compressor, cup holder, plug-n-go, gorilla tape, phone charger, fire extinguisher, rain suit, roadkill dissection kit. There's room to spare, and this leaves the Givi E 52 free for riding gear at stops and a whole bunch of groceries. The only normal things I haven't been able to transport with my setup are lumber, bulk paper products, dry cleaning, and, most disappointingly, pizza and fast food involving more than one drink.

· Registered
493 Posts
If you are asking how big an item - 12 pack of beer (bottles) and 2 bottles of wine (in one side). If you are asking how much stuff - along with the 46 litre topcase, everything I need for a 2 week camping trip. I have put boots and helmet in the topcase and pants and jacket in the sidecases.

· Registered
759 Posts
I love my E21 cases. They are prefect for what I need. I really like the top load option the best. Remember, the key to packing smart is to first lay out everything you think you'll need, and then remove HALF. Trust me on this one.

Be well...

· Registered
724 Posts
Cans?! Who the hell drink's beer from a can?! :yikes:

Thanks guys. Beer is important, no argument there. But the cardboard is very convenient for getting the beer into the house intact. One of my goals for the bike is to be able to bring a weeks worth of groceries home. That means a 12-pack of longnecks. I think that means I need a trunk.

Although in my sleep last night the answer came to me: Tie damned thing to the luggage rack.

· Registered
118 Posts
I have a laptop thats about 15" x 11" x 1.5". Would that fit, maybe not in a full fledged laptop bag, but in a sleeve?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.