StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
StromTrooper.com Founder
11,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been on my weestrom for almost 3 weeks. The last time I rode, I almost had a heart attack after taking a break from being in the saddle for about 3 hours in 100 deg temps. I luckily was off the bike, and just climbed a set of stairs at the new Bass Pro shop when it came on (thank you Mr. Nitro for pulling me out of it). I realized that I cannot tolerate the high heat for very long (I know, wuss) and that was my initial reason for letting it sit.

Since I bought the TT (which now has my German made STROMTRPR plate on the front) I have been driving it all the time, and the desire to ride the strom is just plain gone. Jennifer quiped yesterday that "she never thought she would see the day when I would stop riding for so long". BTW, I bought the TT because I was tired of so many people pulling out in front of me, cutting me off, tailgating, etc. It was getting freakin nutz (plus too hot).

I forced myself to work on the site tonight, but I will admit that I really enjoyed it.

Has anyone else been through this "I really don't want to ride" stage?

Guess I better get out of this funk so I can lay out the course for the upcoming rally.

Thanks for listening, I know you are all here for me.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
I'm the same way this summer. I got rid of my old S10 with no AC and picked up and Astro van with AC. Its so nice to leave work, where the temp. in the garage can be about 100, and get in an air conditioned vehicle. I used to ride my Wee all the time because it was cooler than driving my truck in the summer. Now I'm spoiled.

Also because of this, I'm not going to make my mileage goal for the year. I wanted to have over 20k on the Wee by the end of the summer, but I'll be lucky if I even see 16k.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Well, a little bit, but I'll blame a long, hot summer. The weather has been crappy here over the past week, so I've commuted in the car more than on the bike. (For which nobody around me can give me crap- I've been riding daily for several months.) Been kink of nice, but I'm looking forward to the shift of seasons here in the upper midwest. September through November, that is my favorite time of year to ride, right up until the threat of snow. No sweat, figuratively and literally.

Steve.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
From one that has had 2 heart attacks and open heart surgery, use the car it has AC. I would love to ride to work and in the morning it's great, but coming home in 100+ is not my idea of fun. I go for rides early in morning on the weekends and have a great time. So "be happy, don't worry" to quote a phrase.:cool:

Jerry

M

·
0 Posts
Pansy! LOL! It's not worth dying over. Now a Vee, well that's another story. :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Pansy! LOL! It's not worth dying over. Now a Vee, well that's another story. :mrgreen:
I think you just might be a bigger PITA than I am:twisted:

Jerry

·
Administrator
16,998 Posts
Well....hello there!!!!

I was starting to wonder where you went!!!! I can't relate with not wanting to go for a ride, I usually can't wait to ride. Although I don't have a TT in my garage.;) Take it easy on yourself, don't push things in this heat. I'll be seeing you soon.

Brian

·
Registered
327 Posts
ohhhh you got an audi TT? pics pleez sir, i LOVE those things. I have a customer that has that new Audi R8- talk about the hotness!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Don't worry, as soon as the better temps arrive, you'll get the itch again. I've been riding every day in high 90's-mid 100's, and some days I wonder why the heck I'm doing it.

Oh, yeah, initial break-in. Still on the Honeymoon!

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
The rally will probably make you feel better.
I understand how the heat can suck a lot of the fun out of riding. Even though the climate here is milder than most, it can still get real uncomfortable when in the upper 90s (high humidity) and I am inching my way along I84 in stop and go. Add to that inconsiderate and self absorbed drivers and you end up with a cocktail of pure stress.
Take it at your own pace and ride when you feel like it. No activity is worth inducing a heart 'event'.
Take care of yourself. :cool:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Let's just say you are NOT alone!

While we remember how much we could do at a younger age, as we "mature" a lot of that capability does diminish - just a bit in some areas - but nonetheless, it does diminish!

Here in Sunny Florida we have had a heat index in the 105 to 110 range for all of the month. I teach outside in the heat and just decided that my F-150 XLT with the ice cold A/C would be much more conducive to the hour's ride home in the hottest part of the day rather than my V-Strom.

Call me what you want, however I am comfortable in the A/C.

If someone will come up with a mod for the V-Strom (Wee's just have enough spare power to twist the compressor) to add A/C then I'll ride even on those really hot days!

About the only only time I am riding now is early in the morning when I know I can be back at the hacienda before the "Damn Hot" switch is thrown!

·
Registered
704 Posts
I've been through that phase before. Usually, I will get the desire back, and then it's like the first ride all over again, in a way. Give it some time, enjoy the car, and take it easy, for your sake!

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Brendan - you have to take it easy with the heart stuff man.

I havent' rode my Strom much lately either - working every day this month with 14+ hour days as the norm are cutting into my bike time.

I can't wait for September - 9 days on the Strom down Route 66.

I'll see you guys in October.

Tige

·
StromTrooper.com Founder
11,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thanks for the therapy, you guys are the best.
Yep, the AC may have something to do with it. The XD (rover) has been parked too since the AC is dead. Anyone want to buy a Boston Whaler? It is getting bored because I am not taking it out. All in all, its the heat. I just can't handle it.

Ah, pictures? (I plan on re-shooting this though with the Stromtrpr plate)

Dread: My TT will have to do until I can buy an R8. I want one so bad (The Lotus Exige is still on the list, but the R8, well, can bump it off :) ) BTW, I sat in a new TT 3.2 Saturday. My god is it awesome.

For those that are coming to the rally, the TT will have the key in the ignition and if you have been to my place before, you know that Hwy 246 is a lot of fun! :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
41 Posts
Four days of rain the the Northwoods has got me feeling Stromus Interuptus. Probably won't get out for a long ride untile Thursday; work truly is the curse of the drinking class.:eek:

We're not really there for you; we're just waiting to split up your kit.:twisted:

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
I had an accident awhile ago so I couldn't ride till the bike was fixed. I realized how nice it was to be in car again. A/C is a miracle. I didn't feel like riding much but occasionally wanted to so I rode my Burgman some. I fixed the wee and took it for a short ride.....I had forgotten how fun the strom really is. I appreciate it much more now. Maybe after your break from the beast you'll fall in love with it all over again too.

·
Registered
327 Posts
i may have some nice bikes , but damn you have an AWESOME car. Im so jealous. That things a beauty. And yeah- the R8, its just incredible. I had never even seen one before arriving at my customers home. I walked into his garage and damn near fell over. Then of course I read up on it and actually saw a few around town. But thats just one of those "special" cars man. so hot.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts

Guess I better get out of this funk so I can lay out the course for the upcoming rally.

Thanks for listening, I know you are all here for me.
I go through it ever year at this time. Here in Nashvegas it's been triple digits just about every day for the whole month- and I'm not talking heat index. I seldom ride in the intolerable, sweltering heat we have every August. I'll get out about 7:30 AM for 2-3 hours on Saturday and Sunday, but I hate the heat- it's just not fun to me. You'll never see me laying out in the sun on the beach either! ;) Crisp, cool autumn days- that's more my speed...

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Howboucha, hope you're feeling better. I agree with the rest of the folks, the heart is nothing to mess around with. I'm sure you'll get over the funk, and after that bad experience, it's easy to see where it came from.
Besides, that beautiful A/C'd Audi looks like a great way to hit the road. :p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts