StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,

OK - I'm at the point right now of ordering engine guards this week - and I keep flipping the coin on the SW-Moto or the H-B's

It looks like the H-B's would be easier to mount highway pegs for when I have to eat a lot
of highway miles.

The SW-Moto's can be used with their skidplate, and since both Mexico & Alaska are on my travel list, better protection is a concern.

Anyone here have an opinion they want to share? :wink:

Take care,
Bob S.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Mattman,

I checked those out - I just can't get past their looks. I like that they have mounts for either lights or pegs std. - sure wish the others did.

Take care,
Bob S.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Bob,

I put the SW-Motechs on mine. I haven't done anything with highway pegs yet, but plan to eventually - my knees need to move every so often.

Just from looking at pix, I'd say the H-b bars probably offer a little more protection, but I think the SW bars look a little nicer, and I believe highways bars can be mounted a little lower on the SW's.

Mine arrived within a few days of placing the order. In fact, they got here before I had the bike. Pretty good service.

My opinion only (as you asked for), and I'm a newbie so take that for what it's worth.

Tim

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Tim,

Thanks for the input - I'm probably going with thw SW guards and skid plate. I'll worry about highway pegs later. I might even go have some mounts welded on and have the things powder coated again. :wink:

Take care,
Bob S.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts