StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What made you decide to purchase a vee2? What was the previous bike you were riding?
Just curious to see what if any trend is out there for new strom owners.

Here is my stable, my previous bikes were all sport bikes, decided its time to be a little more relaxed on the saddle. Had to keep my classic though!

·
Registered
55 Posts
My road bike prior to getting my '13 DL650 was a '09 Moto Guzzi Stelvio. Great bike, but a little too big and heavy for me.

Also have a '08 Beta dualsport bike

And a pair of scooters that are just plain fun!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Traded 08 ktm 990 for my v2, still have 04 wee 650, vintage bike is a Yamaha 85 fz 750, mud bucket is a ktm 450xc-w also ktm 200 exc. Son has a ktm 01 640 adventure

·
Registered
333 Posts
GSX 1400. Not sure they are available in USA.
no, they never went to the States. I had a GSX1400 from 2001-2004 - fantastic ride and great memories.
My last bike was a BMW F800R that was also a ripper bike but with my wife joining me on more rides now I've retired the V2 opens up new possibilities.

I also have one bike I'll probably have till I depart this mortal frame, a modifed DR650 which I actually feel an affinity with. You can drill them, add stuff to them, drop them and modify them to your heart's content.
I have modified the suspension, put on a 22 litre tank, bark busters, power socket, bar risers, pivot pegs, big bore exhaust/GSXR1000 muffler, pannier racks, top box (instrument case) and things I casn't even remember. Just the pumper Mikuni and she's all done. This is the bike I ride to the mountains,desert and beaches with a tent and sleeping bag on the back.
I even picked up some 17" wheels and road tyres so I can use it as a motard and save my knobbies for other days,

I have had a fondness for all my bikes but my Suzukis are generally held in highest regard, maybe because I started on a GT380 and progressed to my mighty "water bottle" GT750 before giving it all up till 2001 to bring up 3 kids and pay off a mortgage

1 - 15 of 15 Posts