StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
You know I bet it is censored: I never saw a forum like this where they " fatalerror" just remove posts for no reason. I asked him why he removed one of my post but he hasn't gotten back to me. I also see he checked out my profile, why I don't know.:confused: P.S. I noticed my post is back but I never received any reason why it was removed in the first place.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for responding. I'm VERY happy w/ my '07 and will continue with it as it has a lot of life left.

But, I was curious for all honest opinions on the new roll out to compare to the old.

Maybe Suzuki America sponsors the admin and uses the forum as a marketing tool and the thread was not beneficial to selling new bikes?

Regards,

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Suzuki has no control over this site.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you ever come across a copy of Rick Sieman's book "Monkey Butt" it tells of how he started "Dirt Bike" magazine back in the '70s and how many manufacturers wanted to control any press about their new models. He refused to, and it cost him on many occasions. He stuck to his guns and that is a very good quality, to print unbiased reviews. It runs with honesty and integrity in my book.

The book is a very funny, easy read, and a real eye opener about what goes on behind the scenes.

I'm sure much of what he writes about still happens today.

Suzuki is an advertiser on this site with banner ads.

Regards,

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
The DL650 is about $18/pound.

So that's like really tasty steak.

That's good right?

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts

·
38,103 Posts
You guys are paranoid. If Suzuki had influence over the people running the site, do you think we'd see all the problem posts we do? New posters often express doubts over the reliability of the bike until they understand they are basically visiting the complaint department, no machine is perfect and most people never have a problem. Hell, if Suzuki even paid close attention to this site the 2012 Glee would have headlight relays.

I'd like to know why the original post is gone too but it was not bashing Suzuki that I recall.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
You guys are paranoid. If Suzuki had influence over the people running the site, do you think we'd see all the problem posts we do? New posters often express doubts over the reliability of the bike until they understand they are basically visiting the complaint department, no machine is perfect and most people never have a problem. Hell, if Suzuki even paid close attention to this site the 2012 Glee would have headlight relays.

I'd like to know why the original post is gone too but it was not bashing Suzuki that I recall.

Prior to the advertising being added to the pages of this website, do you thnk there were any retailers, aftermarket or otherwise, that contributed financially to the operation of this website ?

That is, do you think that just one person, acting more or less as a philanthoropist, started and initially provided all the financial support for this website ?

·
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
It used to be very common for whole threads to disappear prior to the new administration.
For a really good time, go disagree with Glenn over on KLR650.net about anything and watch yourself get banned for a week. :thumbup:

·
38,103 Posts
1 - 20 of 53 Posts