StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my Wee this summer. I purposely bouth the Wee over the V because I wanted a lighter bike (although I loved the power of the V). I believe Suzuki says that the empty weight is 425 lbs. I've got every doo dad I think you can get for my bike, and I thought, just for grins I would weigh my bike with a full tank of gas. Can you believe 550 lbs? I'm glad I got the small one! Saddlebags, center stand, skid-plate, crash bars, yada yada yada. I think that you have just the right amount of farkles when your bike weighs one pound per CC.:jawdrop:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Thanks to this thread I just got in a heap of trouble with the old lady for trying to squeeze my Wee into the bathroom where the scale is...

I thought I remember the stated spec somewhere as being around 475-480 pounds dry. Fuel weighs about 6 lbs per gallon so add roughly 30-34 pounds for a full(ish) tank.

·
Registered
628 Posts
That's good to know. I have it in my mind that the Wee weighs about 485# Wet but adding the accessories -- particularly the center stand, engine protection hardware and rear/top cases -- is bound to add on the pounds. Next, of course, is the weight of all that stuff I pack in the cases and on top of the passenger's seat when I'm on the road. I'll have to get mine weighed next summer just to scare myself.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Not sure of the exact post-accessories weight... but mine definitely appears lighter with the motor engaged and me on top, as opposed to the motor off and me walking beside it pushing. Extremely noticeable uphill. I carry spare fuel cannisters now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts