StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put some 3m carbon fiber wrap knee guards on tank. It was starting to get a bit scuffed. I'm not sure I like them. Of course my scissor skills suck too. Should I keep them or peel them off?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I used the genuine clear ones as I always scuff up the tank too.
Black bikes don't help my cause (but I love em!)
They also fitted the tank shape better then your job (sorry mate)
But at the end of the day if you're happy, leave em on.

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you want something protective but functional, get the Techspec snakeskin pre-cut set
I have those and love 'em! Well, sort of. I cut my own out of the generic set.

Also, they are removable, so you can take them back off if you hate them.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Maybe I should copy that pattern.
Good luck...I had some bulk Tech spec material and tried to make my own but ended up buying the precut since I didn't like my result. Wish I had saved the backing paper for ya...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
630 Posts
I did the snakeskins too and quite like them. Great knee-grip.

Like your setup... I've been considering some tank/crash bar panniers. What are yours and what crash bars do you have? Thanks...and sorry for the thread jack.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
617 Posts
Like your setup... I've been considering some tank/crash bar panniers. What are yours and what crash bars do you have? Thanks...and sorry for the thread jack.
Thanks for the compliment. Doesn't it seem like a lo of threads get jacked like this?

Here is the bike before I took the test ride. Rode the 650 also. My bike was used by Happy Trails to design their skid plate, nerf bars, pannier racks, and tail plate for the 2014 DL1000, so it came with their gear.

The nerf bar with bag make a good helmet rest.

I applied the Suzuki stickers to the tank under the Wolfman bag and then the Snakeskins later.

I need to get some more detailed pics of the nerf bars and bags sometime as I've has several inquiries.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts