StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm looking for as many different styles of alternative luggage system as there are. Wondering if we can do a picture thread. Show us your luggage modification. Perhaps there is a thread that I haven't found.

I've seen everything from beer coolers to tire holders but I imagine there are some nifty ways to c arry more stuff around -when you want to. Me?

I play music and want t oeventually bring along the bass, some horns, on a long trip but I ahve not no idea how to mount the things I'll bring on the DL650. I've seen R1200's with all manner of goodies, Harleys hauling mini RVs, and etc. So it got me thinking, how would i get a bass amp and a bass to a performance 100 miles way if I wanted to ride the bike. What about my pool cue or a coupe of golf clubs for the driving range.

I'm no McGyver but some of you are - what have you made? What stuff do you carry that doesn't fit in your luggage?

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
The only thing I carry that doesn't fit my luggage is my inflatable kayak (advanced elements advanced frame convertible).

Normally, I can go on a 2 week trip with just the e360 sidecases and the tiny topcase; I keep refreshments in the minuscule tankbag, but when I bring the kayak, my wife needs to ride the week with the kayak strapped on (it packs to the size of a lerga suitcase), and I ride the bmw.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Can't carry the canoe or the kayak. Also, deer season is coming up. I am looking into mounting a rifle/shotgun case on the wee for hunting trips (wonder if I can prop a dead deer up on the passenger seat) or trips to the shooting range. I will update this when I have a solution.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
My Favorite camera tripod. It is such an odd shape, and too long. I have one I use with the bike, but it is not nearly as good as my other one.

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
Can't carry the canoe or the kayak. Also, deer season is coming up. I am looking into mounting a rifle/shotgun case on the wee for hunting trips (wonder if I can prop a dead deer up on the passenger seat) or trips to the shooting range. I will update this when I have a solution.
Carrying a rifle on a bike has been sorted out way back when we used horses instead of motorcycoles. Maybe you should watch an old western (I'm partial to the few that star Clint Eastwood).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
23 Posts
awfully hard to get a dead deer stuffed in one of those pvc storage tubes.....

unless you leave the head hanging out...:yikes:

·
Premium Member
378 Posts

I am amazed at the amount of crap that I can carry on the bike since I went to hard bags. Bungee cords and straps can go a long way to make what you have more versatile. My car will frequently sit idle for more than a week at a time. :hurray: :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
The things I've carried on my bike that didn't go in luggage compartments include tent, sleeping bag, mattress (in the yellow bag), and chair.

flyrod and small ice chest.

golf clubs (no picture).

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Rok straps rule. I've carried a benchtop drill press, up to three bags of mulch and/or decomposed granite, and various other oversized items. The only one I have a photo of is the chainsaw:

I used the bungee net to keep it in place while attaching the long rok straps, which provide the real holding power.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
6' long lacrosse stick....

·
Registered
20 Posts

I am amazed at the amount of crap that I can carry on the bike since I went to hard bags. Bungee cords and straps can go a long way to make what you have more versatile. My car will frequently sit idle for more than a week at a time. :hurray: :thumbup:
uh...... that's a lot of stuff!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts