StromTrooper banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2K7 DL1000 with 11000 miles on it ( I bought it with 8000 on it).
I was doing an air filter and oil change and thought that I would do a throttle body sync while I had everything apart. This is the first time I have done this, so I used the post on this forum to help guide me (unfortunately the pictures are no longer in the post). The bike was running fine before I did this, I just thought it would be a good PM item. When I hooked up the vacuum tester and ran the bike the gauges were pretty close. I tweaked the sync screw and got them pretty much bang on the same. The thing I have now is that between 2800 and 4000 rpm, if I am just lugging along, I get a 'stutter' that is not quite a backfire. It almost seems as if the engine wants to stall for a split second. I don't hear this over 4000 rpm and the engine actually seems to be running smoother. As well when the bike is warm and idling, about 1100 rpm, it will do the little 'stutter' and kill the engine. Have I missed a vital part of the TBS or have I screwed something up?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Here is a PDF of Mighty Shep's instructions, with the photos. Good luck.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
1100 is the minimum idle speed. Try 1200 which is the middle of the range. That 2800-4000 range is very lean. Not running there at small throttle openings is what some people do. Getting all the adjustments spot on can be enough sometimes. Another option is to remap the range to provide more fuel. A Yosh or Teka box will allow remapping the ECM or a Power Commander can be attached to piggyback the signals on the ECM to alter the fuel map.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts