StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious to what size drybags you guys are strapping to the rear seat? I have the factory topcase so that limits the size of the bag I can mount without it interfering with driver comfort. Would love to size it perfectly so it would act as a backrest. It seems a 12" bag might be too large...not sure. Thanks

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I have two, one shorter the other longer so I can decide which I want to carry according to if I am planning on camping or if I plan to stay in motels. Both are 12 inches in diameter. I also have a top box and have found that if the are fully packed they push me forward in the saddle a little so I tend to pack them with soft goods if I am riding the Vstrom. That way I can use them as a backrest.

·
Registered
244 Posts
TwistedThrottle.com

i went with the bags connection 60L... i think it's about 14" in diameter - hold all of my camp gear plus more - and yes - it makes for a perfect back rest.

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Somewhere in the 12-14" range, depending on your height and your seat and bar setup.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I picked up one of these last week. Has a semi hard bottom that gives it some support across the seat. Haven't ridden w/ it filled yet.

dry pak

1 - 7 of 7 Posts