StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never used any type of throttle assistance before and I am looking for something that will work with my handguards. I am using BMW GS hand guards seen here on my bike
I am looking for something sub $20 range, any suggestions would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
I just installed a Vista Cruise Universal Kit and it works great. It was very simple to install. It cost between $30 and $35.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I think the only thing you are going to find that cheap is the caterpillar o-ring throttle lock. For a bit more get the vista cruise as mentioned above, it's the universal one that's the most likely to fit. I have a Kaoko throttle lock on mine which fits like a glove with the factory handguards...but it's over $100.

·
$tromtrooper
845 Posts
Try the Audiovox CCS100 and you'll never use a throttle lock again. Cost is about $250.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Finally got around to taking a picture of the Vista Cruise (Universal Kit, 7/8" Bar) with OEM Hand Guards. Real easy to install and works great.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I found some Vista Cruise universal mounts for 7/8" bars on eBay for about $35 and free shipping. Is this the one you have? The ebay add didn't include the VStrom but that might not mean it won't fit.

Edit: Oops. Cancel above. I didn't read your initial post.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Finally got around to taking a picture of the Vista Cruise (Universal Kit, 7/8" Bar) with OEM Hand Guards. Real easy to install and works great.

That looks pretty slick actually....did it go on without any mods?

Do you have to cut the inside of the grip flange down to make it work?

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Went on without having to do anything to the grips. All I had to do was loosen the bar end and pull the hand guard out so the ring will slip over the grip.

Make sure everything is aligned so that there is no binding. The Throttle snaps back like nothing is there when off and it has a good positive lock when on. Really simple and works great.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Went on without having to do anything to the grips. All I had to do was loosen the bar end and pull the hand guard out so the ring will slip over the grip.

Make sure everything is aligned so that there is no binding. The Throttle snaps back like nothing is there when off and it has a good positive lock when on. Really simple and works great.
And I just tossed one of them in the trash about a month ago. I was going through several bins of old vintage bike stuff and came upon one of these. I figured I'd never have a use for it so tossed it out. So how stupid am I.:thumbdown:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts