StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well the skid plate forward mount point attaches to the crash bars so I'd probably do them first. Nice setup!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Take into consideration that I don't know which specific crash bars and skid plate you have. However...

I poked around Twisted Throttle and a couple of other sites showing SW Motech bars and skidplates installed. Rather like the Outback Motortek ones I have, it looks like the skid plate requires the crash bars for support, but the same is not true the other way around.

I believe the instructions for my set said to install the crash bars first and skid plate second, and really, that was the only logical way to go. Allowing for some wiggle room, however, I installed the crash bars finger tight, did the same with the skid plate, then went around and tightened everything, starting from the top of the crash bars and working side to side and down, blue loctiting as I went. Everything went fine. Nothing has fallen off. On mine the skid plate has to pivot away for oil changes - at least it did until I put a drain bolt access hole in the skid plate.

If you're still not sure, there may be an instructional video on the Twisted Throttle website, and there are bound to be videos on Youtube.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts