StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

Newbie on StromTrooper and will not get my brand new 2012 DL650 until March-April or whenever the weather is right, so I have some months to add the final touch.
Sold my grumpy, not too eager to start, TTR600 which has been a nightmare from day 1. Real fun when it DID run but a real pain to NOT being able to trust your bike. Read all the tests on adventure bikes I could find, and came to the conclusion - the 650 V-Strom is the bike for me!

The stock DL650 looks a bit awkward though. Is "awkward" the right word for it? Anyway - the oil filter and front exhaust pipe fully visible... Well, you know...
Had to add some extras to change this.

The bike is a black 650 to which I added skid plate, center stand and crash bars from SW-Motech plus Suzuki hand guards.

Now to my question: I'm thinking on painting the crash bars, but what color?

RED seems like a strong candidate. Who doesn't like the looks of a BMW 1200 GS Rallye?

YELLOW is also on my list after viewing Twisted Throttles youtube vid, where they mount crash bars etc painted in the most fantastic yellow.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

/Dan

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey guys!

Newbie on StromTrooper and will not get my brand new 2012 DL650 until March-April or whenever the weather is right, so I have some months to add the final touch.
Sold my grumpy, not too eager to start, TTR600 which has been a nightmare from day 1. Real fun when it DID run but a real pain to NOT being able to trust your bike. Read all the tests on adventure bikes I could find, and came to the conclusion - the 650 V-Strom is the bike for me!

The stock DL650 looks a bit awkward though. Is "awkward" the right word for it? Anyway - the oil filter and front exhaust pipe fully visible... Well, you know...
Had to add some extras to change this.

The bike is a black 650 to which I added skid plate, center stand and crash bars from SW-Motech plus Suzuki hand guards.

Now to my question: I'm thinking on painting the crash bars, but what color?

RED seems like a strong candidate. Who doesn't like the looks of a BMW 1200 GS Rallye?

YELLOW is also on my list after viewing Twisted Throttles youtube vid, where they mount crash bars etc painted in the most fantastic yellow.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

/Dan
rustoleum red primer. when they get scraped up, wait a week and you won't see it. assuming they are mild steel.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I might consider something like plasti-dip rather than paint. Easy to fix, also relatively easy to remove and redo if you get sick of it.
the tool handle stuff? sounds reasonably durable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts