StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was installing new hand guards today and without realizing it i removed the bar end screw the whole way out. well guess what stayed in the handle bar. the nut and expander of course. is there any recourse other than buying new ones? man what a day you know what i mean????????????? wilbur-j

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Magnetic pick-up stick, coat hanger, something flexible pushed through from the other side, compressed air. There are numerous ways to get them out and lots of posts on that subject floating around.

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
Just push the bike over on the effected side and it should fall out.

·
Registered
340 Posts
air compressor. I pushed mine in and it flew out with 120 psi flooding the pipe.

I did the same thing - HINT: put a piece of screen/cheesecloth/small child with a catchers mitt - on the business end of the handlebar - the nut will come out of the hole like a shot and rattle around the garage and stop....who knows where......but it works like a charm. ;)

·
Registered
343 Posts
If you (or a friend) has a compressor... but definatly do something. If you are thinking that for $10 you can just buy a new one... STOP! It will rattle around in there for all of eternity and drive you nuts!

Good luck!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you (or a friend) has a compressor... but definatly do something. If you are thinking that for $10 you can just buy a new one... STOP! It will rattle around in there for all of eternity and drive you nuts!

Good luck!
rattle what rattle???? it's too late i am already nuts. I was able to fix it but not get the old parts out my bike is noisy enough with the engine and wind noise that i sure can't hear it thank goodness. but thanks for all the great info. wilbur-j

1 - 8 of 8 Posts