StromTrooper banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Wee Strom and want to try out a new wind shield.
I've noticed the 2012 Adventurer has a wind shield with a "winglet" at the top, an extra strip of adjustable acrylic at the top.

I believe there is an similar aftermarket version for earlier Wee's...anyone know the brand?

Any other highly recommended aftermarket wind shields?

P.S. The weather has been fantastic for riding in IN. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
The brand is MRA, made in Germany, available at Twisted Throttle. They make 3 different models, the one you're talking about is the Vario Screen with 2 sets of arms on the wing. The X-Creen is the taller version with only one set of arms, but has more adjustment options. Not the easiest thing to assemble (the "instructions" stink), but they do seem to be a well made product. Givi also makes a new shield, along with Cee Baileys, and a couple of others. The wing is also available to mount on your stock shield, you will have to drill 4 holes, but it isn't cheap. I saw some shields on E-Bay, made in England that were cheap for the 2012 Wee Strom, don't know anything about them. Cheers--BB

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
rear axle/squareness?

When replacing my chain, I ran the wheel tensioners all the way loose, slammed the axle all the way forward. Then ran the tensioners just to the same tension on both sides.

Then, I matched turn for turn from one side to the next, as I set the the tension. It looks as though there are a different number of lines showing one side to the other.

Should I assume that the lines are the preferred method for keeping the wheel true? Dont want to scrub a tire off any earlier than necessary!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts