StromTrooper banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
In addition to the projects I mentioned in a previous post I think my first project will be to redo my shop so it is more useful and more efficient.
Very good point -- my garage is a mess. I also need to add some more tools!

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Oh my, winter projects. Where do I start ?? Oh ya, lose the 10 lbs I gain when trying to quite smoking. Bike related stuff.........handguards for Lynda's bike. My bike..........pull tank, check/replace air filter, and while I am there with all the panels and stuff off ...ta da I will install the digital gear indicator. It was a gift from Balazs when we met in Tellico Plains. Really looking forward to this farkle. Truck project underway, drill mounting holes for Hella 530 driving lights........measure twice drill once.
More will come to mind later but this is enough to make me tired already.

Reactions: Branch

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Oh my, winter projects. Where do I start ?? Oh ya, lose the 10 lbs I gain when trying to quite smoking. Bike related stuff.........handguards for Lynda's bike. My bike..........pull tank, check/replace air filter, and while I am there with all the panels and stuff off ...ta da I will install the digital gear indicator. It was a gift from Balazs when we met in Tellico Plains. Really looking forward to this farkle. Truck project underway, drill mounting holes for Hella 530 driving lights........measure twice drill once.
More will come to mind later but this is enough to make me tired already.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Well, Duh! You always need some more tools! :mrgreen: As I always tell my GF: tools are, for men, the equivalent of shoes for women. More is better. No limit to that.:twisted:
Then I have helluva a lot of tool buying to do to catch up :D

·
Registered
647 Posts
Rebuilding, NO Resurrecting the T500 Suzuki

Bought this on Ebay and got it home only to find the trans was cooked. This was a common problem on the pre- 1974 production as the oil capacity was stamped on the cases was 200cc less than needed to luburicate 4/5 gears properly. That's not to mention that the previous owner just hung crap on the bike for the ebay photo to make it look complete!! One that I should not have bid on. This and my 1978 SR500 that I should have finished up before I do anything on the T500! Oh well, that's just me though!!
Willie

Attachments

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Hmm...

'Strom, nothing but installing the handguards and continuing to ride it all winter. Maybe source some cool stickers for my panniers... piddly shit like that...

KLR250 is a sad, different story. It needs some front end work secondary to whacking the ever-loving shit out of a tree off road last week... new forks, maybe a new front wheel, some bits here and there.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hopefully some hand guards/heated grips so I can be riding as long as there is no snow on the ground now that im actually healthy

·
Registered
753 Posts
My goal is to get my Kayzie back on her feet-ok, wheels. I'm thinking of a bobber-cum-cafe build, not too radical but still ridable in the rain. I've been spending too much/not enough time and money farkle-ing and riding the D'Elle, while the KZ languishes in "exploded view" form. All those tubs in the racks are full of Genuine Kawasaki Parts waiting to be cleaned/serviced/rebuilt/painted/thrown out.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Sending my seat off to RDL. Adding risers. Replacing the brake and clutch hoses with extended stainless ones. (Maybe) That’s it for the DL1000.
For my other bikes, I need to pull the motor from the ‘06 KLX 300. Fix the cam chain, inspect the valves and fix if necessary. Going to try and replace the front springs with stiffer ones. I’ve never done that, and am totally intimidated by it.
On the ‘82 Honda FT500, replace the speedometer cable. Replace the seat cover, and polish, polish, polish everything on it. (So Shiny.)

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
My goal is to get my Kayzie back on her feet-ok, wheels. I'm thinking of a bobber-cum-cafe build, not too radical but still ridable in the rain. I've been spending too much/not enough time and money farkle-ing and riding the D'Elle, while the KZ languishes in "exploded view" form. All those tubs in the racks are full of Genuine Kawasaki Parts waiting to be cleaned/serviced/rebuilt/painted/thrown out.
View attachment 278764
Sweet! Please keep us posted on that.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
It was below freezing when I started riding in April this year and it has been below freezing fairly often this month. I keep riding partly because I love it and partly because at 60 MPG vs the 17-18 for my SUV, the Strom is paying its way big time. I draw the line at riding the Strom on snow or ice covered highways though.
The damn forecast for today says snow flurries. I noticed that after I got to work of course.

I almost look forward to winter and being able to strip down the bike for a project and not having to worry about it being ready for the Monday commute.

In addition to the projects I mentioned in a previous post I think my first project will be to redo my shop so it is more useful and more efficient. That includes putting in a different heater and a bigger door so I can get my new Honda ATV inside to work on it. Hmmm if it is on an ATV is it still a farkle? Oh and of course some new tools!!! insert best Tim Allen noise here
Lol, The cleaning and setting up of the shop thing, is also on my to-do list. I feel seen.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Wondering if I should spend $20 on a airbox foam that deteriorated. :unsure:

No real projects. I'd like to get some studded tires for my Trek MTB. Dang expensive though. Good ones are $70 each! :oops:

·
Registered
753 Posts
21 - 38 of 38 Posts