StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 DL1000A
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched the site to no avail.
Under the seat, under the upper frame rail on the right side there are two connectors taped together. The lower one is a tapered cylindrical shape with a tit on the end (to use technical jargon). Above it is a white square connector with two green wires going into it, and a black plug on the end.

Connector1.jpg
Connector2.jpg
Connector3.jpg

·
Registered
2006 DL1000
548 Posts
One of them is probably in case you want to install and hook up some aftermarket muffler bearings. The other one may be to recharge your blinker fluid and/or halogen fluid, if those start to run down. ;);)

·
Administrator
14,155 Posts
@Northern Pike I thought the square one was the tip over sensor (but I'm probably wrong. ) The other looks vaguely familiar but I can think of what it might be.

..Tom

·
Registered
2019 DL1000A
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The square one has 2 green wires going into it. One of them has a broken silver trace on it.
I thought the conical one looked like it could be a tip over sensor. Perhaps someone with a wiring diagram may eventually read this.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Not tip over

That is a box mounted in a rubber cover that hooks to the frame on the right side near the battery, the cover has UP on it.

·
Administrator
Queensland, Australia
7,578 Posts
Here is an L4+ wiring diagram which does not blur when you enlarge it.
Page 2 EVAP purge control, IAP or IAT sensor?

Attachments

·
Registered
705 Posts
Pretty sure the one is an aux (switched) power for accessories, similar to the one under the tank for heated grips. Could plug in heated underwear, etc.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Whoops, just did a little reading and it sounds like it's an ABS diagnostic connection for the braking system.

·
Registered
2019 DL1000A
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've done a little reading too, and I'm pretty sure the ABS diagnostic connector is more to the rear, taped to the harness leading to the rear lights. It is white, with a plug with two black dots on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts