StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how much difference there will be when the new one arrives. There seems to be some good deals on the 2016 Vee and it is tempting!! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Spoke wheel is an option on new bike.

ABS that works when cornering.

Loss of the pretty gold forks.

I guess you get the latest and greatest ECM, but maybe it is the same as the 2016.

Yellow paint.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I suppose there are some slight body style changes too, like the beak is a little more integrated, doesn't look as stuck on.

·
Premium Member
5,070 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have just ordered a yellow dl000A and ASSUME I will have to sort out the "to far from the handlebar, and there's no slack" issue. I get a little hopeful when you write "conical handlebar". Is your impression they have actually changed something about the distance rider-handlebar?

//Daniel

·
Vendor
5,265 Posts
Bosnjo sent me this. I thought it was too good not to post.

It looks like all our parts for the 2014+ DL1000 are likely to carry forward to the 2017/2018 DL1000.

I have not been able to get a look at the front fairing sub frame yet. This is where our light bar attaches. Would greatly appreciate it if someone with a Vee3 would take a pic like this and either post it or send it to me.

https://youtu.be/Z0AylnOExs4?t=262

·
Administrator
5,767 Posts
The newer bikes don't need a rider to function. You just pay the dealer a lot of money and the motorcycle will operate itself and send you the bill for service!
And upload video of the places it's been to your facebook page!
I'm beginning to feel dispensable. :grin2:

·
Registered
83 Posts
XT bars

Yes! they did. It is a tapered and wide handlebar.
Only on the XT. The bar issue is still a problem, I have fitted an 1" riser without issues, lowered the bars towards the rider, and am evaluating the difference on longer runs. So far it feels like it needs to be further back and higher. It feels better than stock though. Im 5' 10"

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I'd like to see if the new beak will fit on the V2 model. Haven't found the OEM parts list yet.

Can't get over the chicken beak of the L4-L6.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Bosnjo sent me this. I thought it was too good not to post.

It looks like all our parts for the 2014+ DL1000 are likely to carry forward to the 2017/2018 DL1000.

I have not been able to get a look at the front fairing sub frame yet. This is where our light bar attaches. Would greatly appreciate it if someone with a Vee3 would take a pic like this and either post it or send it to me.

https://youtu.be/Z0AylnOExs4?t=262
This any good. Not much to attach to under there, other than the horn bolt. The horn mounting is 50mm above the lower edge of the beak and putting a 15mm bar across that point (second hex screw where plastic meets) the there is 15mm clearance in front of the forks at maximum turn. If you want more detail let me know. The plastic beak has a lot of flex in it, so not much use fixing on that.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Suzuki keeps adding things that I don't want and not adding the one thing I do want CRUISE CONTROL. My next bike WILL have it.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts