StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the Hepco & Becker crash bars on my 07 Wee broke, I'm guessing it's from being dropped on the right side combined with vibrations and time. I was looking around for a replacement and it looks like a lot of companies have stopped manufacturing crash bars for the first gen V-Stroms. So my question is: what are the best crash bars still available that also work with my Adventure Motostuff skid plate (also discontinued)? It appears H&B, Givi, and SW Motech crash bars are still available but the H&B crash bars look to be a new design so I'm not sure they would work with the skid plate based on this report.
IMG_20200801_170823.jpg

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I would consider having that break repaired. Any good engeering shop or someone that is good at welding can do a repair for you. The person welding can reenforce the joint if so required. While you are at it, the complete crashbar can be then checked for any other defects.

·
Administrator
17,091 Posts
T-Rex bars......

Reactions: Philbytx

·
Registered
702 Posts
T-Rex....
I can actually attest to their quality, resilience and strength🙄!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
T-Rex....
I can actually attest to their quality, resilience and strength🙄!!
The T-Rex bars look nice but they don't have any listed as being compatible with the older Stroms.
I think I'll see if I can find a place to weld them before committing to buying new ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts