StromTrooper banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi folks,

I did the fuel filter mod and the flow test produced 3 times more fuel than before but the pressure is way below what it should be. Event the mechanic is convinced that the pump after nine years and lots of bad fuel is half-way dead. No way I am buying the Oem fuel pump. I have done some intensive searching and many people mention Suzuki swift, honda civic, Bosch pumps and so on. Has anyody ever personally tried the surgery with success and can provide some additional info about the procedure (in case the operation required for instance cutting the pump connector to make it fit in the HP filter or modifying the seating gasket) and more important absolutely clear part number: in Italy auto parts store do not have much fantasy. You must provide them with clear data otherwise they are not prone to help (they don't keep anything in stock but collect from warehouse twice a day after you provide them with precise info).

I ran into felco products and highflowfuel replacement pumps on ebay

Anybody had experience with these two vendors? No doubts that most stuff comes from china but keeping the bike halted in the garage is killing me.. Second hand gsx pumps are a leap of faith I don't feel like taking.. By the way: the tl 1000 fuel assemblies seem to me so much smarter..
Thanks to all for your precious advice.
Mandrake

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Someone here should have an idea of which Suzuki GSXR fuel pumps work in the Vee.

I replaced mine with a used GSXR pump. Cost $100.
Is that the pump only or does it include the high pressure filter?

I think the original thread at VSRI would be more likely to provide the information you need if you post the question there, especially for Italy. External Fuel Filter modification

Ebay links are against forum rules.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Is that the pump only or does it include the high pressure filter?

I think the original thread at VSRI would be more likely to provide the information you need if you post the question there, especially for Italy. External Fuel Filter modification

Ebay links are against forum rules.
That was the pump only.
I had an 04 and about 25,000 miles later had to replace the $500/oz filter.

I was going to suggest VSRI too.
That's where I got instructions for all my fuel pimp changes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts