StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know about the DL650 viberation, first let me say here I'm thinking of purchasing a DL650 and I don't know if there is a viberation or not. I'm asking for your help on this, as I have never ridden a DL650 or a DL1000 before. I'm a speed limit rider so my ridding will mostlikely top out at 75mph. Let me say here I'm a Dual-Sport rider and I do have a Suzuki DRZ400S which I truly love the bike, but I want to add a second bike that I can ride with riders at highway speeds for those 200-300 mile weekend rides. Of the two bikes is one that much better then the other, am I just paying for HP or what. Remember I'm a Dual-Sport Tourer, not a lay-em down in the corners guy. Any comment will help me make my decession on which DL to get.

Thanks, John L

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
I would like to know about the DL650 viberation, first let me say here I'm thinking of purchasing a DL650 and I don't know if there is a viberation or not. I'm asking for your help on this, as I have never ridden a DL650 or a DL1000 before. I'm a speed limit rider so my ridding will mostlikely top out at 75mph. Let me say here I'm a Dual-Sport rider and I do have a Suzuki DRZ400S which I truly love the bike, but I want to add a second bike that I can ride with riders at highway speeds for those 200-300 mile weekend rides. Of the two bikes is one that much better then the other, am I just paying for HP or what. Remember I'm a Dual-Sport Tourer, not a lay-em down in the corners guy. Any comment will help me make my decession on which DL to get.

Thanks, John L
Don't know what the vibration you speak of might be. If you are leaning towards or thinking about a 650, buy one. Most 1000 riders know exactly what they want going in. I am a speed limit rider myself, but I bought the Vee because I like torque, and like the looks of the bike better. From the sounds of your intended use, the Wee would be perfect for you. Can't go wrong. :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
this thing is almost Goldwing-smooth, it's almost spooky.
I've never had a twin that's been this smooth. If you are use to thumper's, you'll be in heaven.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Is it possible you're thinking of the vibration that *might* appear after installing engine guards? That's the only vibration issue I've heard of.

-T

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think it's smoother than my 1978 Suzuki GS1000E. Any vibration is very soothing. Everything is relaxed, unlike the frenzy of most in-line fours.

·
Registered
163 Posts

Thanks, John L
???????????????? Who told you that?
As an Ex BMW rider with a new DL 650 I can assure you if there is "viberation" there is a problem somewhere that needs to be fixed. Ugh is smooth as glass and amazingly agile. Get ya one, you won't regret it. 650 everything you need and then some! 1000 , probably more than you need.

ICBIRAR
ISYHTRAH

·
Administrator
17,100 Posts
Go right ahead and get more than ya need!!!!!!:mrgreen: No vibes whatsoever on my 1000.......SMOOOOOTH!!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yeah, either way!

ICBIRAR
ISYHTRAH

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,039 Posts
Get a 650 it's faster! :p Ask Heavy, oh I forgot he's hiding, he knew I would leave him in the dust.

Seriously tho, what vibration? DL's are pretty darn smooth.

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
I can balance a full glass of beer between the handlebar and the ignition switch and not spill a drop at 70 mph.

·
Administrator
17,100 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
No vibs with the wee but did get vibs in the Givi's when I installed them. Not much of an issue really. Will have a better idea about vibs(good or bad)when I put highway pegs on the bars.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts