StromTrooper banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts
If this Northwestern rally works out I will do my best to attend. BC has some great riding areas and putting faces to names is always a good thing.

I don't buy it, but what do I know?

Jeez Rick, I know your really into this conovirus thing, but a MC camping outing cancelled?

Just never entered my mind to cancel my western trip, but I'll watch and see. Suppose I could hole up here.

If this is about the "pandemic", you are watching/listening to too much main stream media hype. They live for stuff that they can whip up into something bigger than it is. Warmer temps are going to slow down and stop this virus. It has a lower mortality rate than the annual flu. Don't believe the hype...ride on!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Reactions: Big B and nvr2old
It's just another strain of the common cold. Look it up.

For the vast majority of folks who get it they have extremely mild symptoms. Yeah, of you are old and frail or have serious chronic underlying health issues it could be much more serious. But then that holds true for the flu too.

Over six thousand people die every week in the USA from the flu and pneumonia. Look it up.

Why aren't we panicking about that.

Autocorrect is my new enema.
Relax and have a homebrew.

No, it is significantly worse than the Flu. It is much more contagious than the flu. Folks above 50 y/o are most effected. I will be very happy to be wrong and show up for as much ridicule and abuse as deemed appropriate, but by mid summer I doubt too many people are going to be gathering anywhere. I will lend all I can to the event if y'all want to proceed including advice on ride routes, so please carry on. The next month will be telling.

Has anyone else seen the four corners production on the virus?

and this ...

Yes, it is worse than the flu: busting the coronavirus myths

Rich, let's just all hope for the best and look forward to good riding and gatherings. I'm more of an optimist. Don't know that shutting down a country like China is doing will make a difference.I'd like to think we wouldn't give up our freedoms to cower against a maybe.

I'm in SW Idaho. Just posting here so I can find this thread in a day or two to see if this is something I'd like to do. Ok, I'm sure I'd love to do it, but to see if it might be possible for me to go with y'all.

I know there is zero talk of canceling the Eastern Rally, and this whole Cornovirus thing is being totally blown out of proportion by the media outlets and some health organizations. Worry more about distracted drivers messing with their smart phones, and more people are going to die this year from the "usual suspects" than some overblown and overhyped virus. Have a good rally y'all!!!

I know there is zero talk of canceling the Eastern Rally, and this whole Cornovirus thing is being totally blown out of proportion by the media outlets and some health organizations. Worry more about distracted drivers messing with their smart phones, and more people are going to die this year from the "usual suspects" than some overblown and overhyped virus. Have a good rally y'all!!!
No talk of the Cache Gathering being cancelled either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think one would have a greater chance of being around the virus at a Walmart, Publix, or Lowes/Home Depot, than at a Motorcycle Rally.........and right now, no one is staying away from those places. I do feel sentiment for the families who have love-ones with the virus.........and especially those who have lost one. I hope and pray no one here on the forum has to deal directly with the virus as a caregiver or family member.

WA state is currently the epicenter for cases in the U.S. and it is still early. The eastern rally may get in under the wire, before things get bad. But by mid to late summer I expect many people will have lost their irrepressible optimism. Remember I have family in WA state and I can tell you they are concerned. The assumption there is that the virus has been circulating un-diagnosed for some time now.

People with the virus can show absolutely no symptoms and be highly contagious. People in their thirties may never even know they were infected, but pass the virus on to people in the 50s and older who suffer serious consequences. People with hyper tension (high blood pressure) are at risk for more serious consequences including death.

So younger folks can actually afford to be less concerned for themselves. It's their parents and relatives with pre-existing medical conditions who will suffer. With two elderly mothers, us in our 60s both with pre-existing conditions, a sister who is a health care worker, and nephews and nieces in school, we will take precautions.

I recommend people look at the projections and be responsible. What that might or might not be will be more obvious as the calendar rolls on.

Right now it really looks like the elderly with underlying conditions are the most vulnerable. Seems like the WA victims are mostly in a nursing home. Still someone had to bring it in. We still don’t know how exactly it spreads. It’s possible it will get worse but we do need to be positive about it. We are so used to how many die from the flu but many more do. We don’t cancel events because of the flu. Hopefully by summer we will have a better handle on what this is and how to stop it. We can see the overreacting going on here in Las Vegas where conferences and other conventions are being cancelled. I know it seems oversimplified but could people at least wash their hands especially when they are out and about? Cover up when you sneeze or cough too. Still hoping to have a Northwest get together this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 77 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.