StromTrooper banner
41 - 60 of 77 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
Coincidence that the Arlington Fly-in (aircraft), one of the biggest in the world, third largest in the USA is that week end also. Conveniently loacted within striking distance of a western V-Strom gathering. So Strommers interested in aircraft will have two reasons to go.
Gotcha. I just wasn't sure what you were talking about - whether it would be a conflict, etc. I'll have to explore some places to host a group of 10 or 20...

Discussion starter · #43 ·
This appears to be a bit of a winter project...

Reactions: Cryoman
Toadrock campground got me looking again at next summers trip. I've been there and love riding the area. My plan is to be in the area again this coming summer.
Draw a triangle between Jasper, North Vancouver and Cranbrook.
I can't wait!

Reactions: Old Codger
Planning a summer gathering is a great way to spend cold winter days. I can create an independent weebly site so we can link to it freely. Ommoran you can have full privileges if you want. Weebly is drag and drop super easy.

We can have pages dedicated to rides with maps, the venue, attendees, on and on. Personaly I would prefer to not have any advertising on that page (not even for me).

Everyone going to my site will have the opportunity to see that the gathering is happening. Wayback when the forums provided some visibility for gatherings. Not sure that works on this advertising platform.

I love the idea of a NorthWestern rally. However, if I were to be able to go, it would have to be early last half of June, earlier in July or first three weeks of August. Not that it needs to be planned around me, but if other dates are considered, well.......

Richland Rick: Are you riding out here and back to the East Coast or borrowing a bike? If I can't go, you would be welcome to ride my old Strom.

Discussion starter · #53 ·
It is progressing. Out Motorcycle Show is this weekend in Vancouver and some Troopers are going to meet. We will discuss. I'm hoping to get in contact with @richlandrick in the next two weeks once I have some idea of what I need to ask him. ?

Reactions: 2thDr
I had a list of things to consider for rallys. It was compiled over the years by rally hosts. It was mostly a list of positives and negatives as I recall.

Things like ordering off the menu, a bar, availability of camp sites, a friendly engaging dealership being among the positives. Limited menus and over priced food among the negatives.

If anyone has a copy please sing out. Meanwhile I will try to find it.

Yes--- June 18th - June 21st
I've been wondering why a NEW western rally when there is one every year.
UTAH - COLORADO - OREGON - WYOMING
That sounds like a western rally to me.
Maybe it's the name? CACHE RALLY

Cache Rally, Lost Yellow Box Rally. Good low key gathering of those that can make it and have fun.
Always seems to be just about a thousand miles for me. Good for a record breaking dash for home when it's over.
There is a little Mexican restaurant at a campground in Beaver Ut, Maria's Cocina, that I hope to try on the way there.
There's a cheese factory in Beaver too.

I dunno, Rick. Seems the notices for the events back East are just posted on the forum and folks can make of it what they want. The last couple Cache rallies have been open to those that want to attend since the originator is now riding another brand and the little yellow box is nowhere to be found.

The name Cache Rally has only stuck because we couldn't agree on a new name at the last 2. As Notacop said the cache box has been lost a couple times and given up on. The rally started on the Stromtroopers site, but all makes have been welcome always. Now its posted on the Tenere site also.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.