StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started a new website dedicated to those riders wishing to explore West Virginia. I frequently see requests on forums for information about visiting and riding around the state, asking for information about what roads to ride, what places to visit, and (of course) interesting places to get good food. With the help of fellow riders, my goal is to make this a Must-Stop online for those riders. Although I am a musician, not an English or Journalism teacher, I will try to keep the writing standards "above average".

The site will be divided into 3 main sections: Street Ride Reports, Back-Roads Ride Reports, and Food/Destinations/Lodging. The Street section will cover main highways and county roads - basically any 2- or 4-lane paved road with a painted center line. The Back-Roads section will cover the narrow paved back-roads as well as graded, govt-maintained gravel roads such as Dolly Sods and the Laurel Fork area. We will not cover trails (such as Hatfield & McCoy or private-access roads) on this site.

Guest contributors are welcome to submit Ride Reports, Photos, and/or Food/Lodging Reports for consideration. Please keep it clean. I will monitor the site as closely as possible to ensure all content is "G" rated. Your help will be appreciated.

The site is still under construction and has some empty spots and links that I am working on. My goal is to go back through my ride photos from the past few years and write some reports while the snow is flying this winter. And, I'm inviting readers to submit articles so that it is a well-rounded site. By springtime, I'm hoping to have a good selection of reports.

Please stop by and visit us at RidingWV.com

RidingWVHomePage

Thanks!

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Route 50

I live in cumberland md very close to west virgina i rideWV alot and know of great roads. messege me if anyone is comeing through the area and wants a tour of route 50 and other realy neat places

·
Premium Member
4,205 Posts
There are no bad roads in West Virginia, or Vermont. :mrgreen:
I was just there, West Virginia, and agree; there are no bad roads in West Virginia. Loved the Smoke Hole, Seneca Rocks, and Monongahela Nat'l Forest area.

Can't wait to get back there and see more of the state.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
riding WV

Good on ya for doing this. I'll snoop around your site when I've more time and try to add some stuff. I love riding there.
You could have simplified things by just dividing the roads in WV roads into 3 groups. All the roads will fit into one of three categories: good roads to ride, even better roads, or awesome twisties.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Bump.

I've been away for a couple of years on a Burgman 650, but I just bought my third (used) VStrom 1K. So, I'm back on this forum again.

The past few years, I've added quite a few pages and ride reports to the www.RidingWV.com website. I still have a lot of work to do on it, but it's growing. If you haven't visited the site for awhile, please stop by. Hope you find something helpful.

I'd also be glad to answer any questions that I can.

VStrommer263

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Great site! Years ago, on one of my first trips south, I rode Rte 219 from Maryland to Lewisburg with some friends, it was the most amazing rode, smooth and twisty, unlike anything we have in New England. After almost 30 years of riding, it still stands as the one of best day I spent on a motorcycle. After seeing your site I may need to plan a trip there next year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts