StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
17,100 Posts
One of the best things I ever did to my previous 1000, was literally like a different machine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just came back after first trip with werks clutch.
Best by to my bike, no more clutch noice. Works as a new bike should be. Very satiesfied, thanks to Terry.
I ordered a remanufactured basket from Terry, it's with the postal gods now hopefully they shine on me soon.

I'm excited to get it in the bike. I've done the plugs, air filter, TBS, fluids, as well as a new chain and sprockets. I need to go back and do a TPS and re sync but what I have done so far has smoothed the bike out some. It still rattles like a bag of hammers though but I wanted to start "clean" before installing the basket.

Any installation tips or tricks are welcomed. Yes, I watched Terrys video.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I ordered a remanufactured basket from Terry, it's with the postal gods now hopefully they shine on me soon.

Chrisis, the only tip/trick that I can think of is to take your time. I actually took my laptop down and set it up beside the bike, with Terry's videos loaded. I'd watch some, then work some, then watch, then work, etc... I can't remember any surprises. Just be diligent about keeping things in order and orientation as you take them out so that putting everything back in is a breeze. Once I had the Werks installed, it was like riding a completely new bike! Hopefully the mail will get to you soon.

·
Farkle Purchasing System
2,242 Posts
I don't have any chudder (yet) but the rattling when in N with clutch "out" (lever released) has really started to get on my nerves.

I needed a new throttle position sensor, so when I was ordering that I added a clutch cover gasket. Not sure when I'll be doing the Werks thing but definitely by year's end.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The only thing I have to add... Water pump didn't drain fully for me. So when I pulled the cover off it made a bit of a mess, including some coolant getting into the oil sump. Leave the oil plug out, so it'll drain if this happens to you too :)

·
Premium Member
2,720 Posts
When I worked on the clutch side of my 650 I put a 3/4" piece of wood under the left side of the center stand. Then a towel under that side picked up any excess fluid. Nothing into the motor that way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts