StromTrooper banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went up to Okeechobee (ARS Motorsports) )today to pick the 1250 FA up, been negotiating for last week , they offered me a killer deal. When I get there the bike is waiting for me, I jump on it take a test ride, man the power was unbelievable. Hit 100 in 3rd gear on a dead end road, a nice one just north of ARS in Okee, I could not believe the speed and ride. Jap bikes have come a long way since my 78 Yammy 650 special. Well as I was ripping it I was thinking no way son is getting this for first bike, head back to the store and tell the guy that I want the V Strom 650 with ABS. The deal was not as good as the 1250 FA but man I just would not be able to sleep with him learning to ride on that monster. Rode it home through 3 downpours 130 miles, 650 is plenty for son and the bike rides dam nice, love the ABS too.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I love the idea of the 1250, as well. That said, it sure ain't no beginner bike. The same really should be said of the Wee, as well. I hope you'd encourage your son to take a riding course, if this is his first bike. As it has been said before, it only takes a second for things to turn ugly for the inexperienced.
Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
875 Posts
The 1250 Bandit is a horrible beginner bike. So you dodged a bullet there. Great bike for experienced riders though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
He took the course through the HD dealer (I like the HD course because they use Blasts instead of the little 250's), plenty of time on ATV's but that's a whole different ball game. I have all my kids do the MSF course, makes them better drivers of cars. Also been taking him to the parking lots to ride my wife's Dyna. But I hear ya, it only takes one mistake or someone elses mistake then it will be bad.

I love the idea of the 1250, as well. That said, it sure ain't no beginner bike. The same really should be said of the Wee, as well. I hope you'd encourage your son to take a riding course, if this is his first bike. As it has been said before, it only takes a second for things to turn ugly for the inexperienced.
Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went from a 1450cc harley heritage softail to the 650cc. The harley was a big heavy bike and I did love it. But the more I ride the new Vstrom the more I love it. I have been riding for the last 20+ years and I still took the Team Oregon Motorcycle Class. It taught me alot, I think it should be manditory for anyone that wants to ride..

·
Registered
55 Posts
It is mandatory in Oregon now if you are under 30 years old. I think it's a great idea, but frustrating for people due to lack of available classes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts