StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went down on my dl 650 on friday. Glad to report no serious injuries. In fact I would say the most costly damage will be missing work for the next few days. Im bruised quite a bit but walked and rode away from the wreck. So down to the details. I was rounding a blind corner traveling at 50mph and came up on stopped traffic with less than 250ft to stop. I made a rookie mistake and slammed the back brake too hard. I locked up and was tossed into the trees at about 40mph. Glad to say I stopped the bike before I involved any other vehicles. I have Givi Crash Bars which Im convinced saved my bike from possible being totaled. I lost my right foot peg, both right blinkers, and scratched the front faring and exuast cover. As I said before I was able to ride the bike away. I highly recommend any type of engine guards any one could get there hands on. I havent yet found out the cost of the damages but will update soon.

By the way how do i post the pics?

A

·
0 Posts
Glad to see you made it (almost) entirely unscathed. I've had experiences like yours, and I hate the way time seems to both compress and expand: you don't have enough time to stop (oh, sh....!) but that skid into disaster seems to take forever.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
I have two wishes.

1. That you and your bike are in top shape with little time, pain or expense and in a timely manner.

2. That my get off was at that speed.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Wow! Scary stuff - You never know what's around the bend.
Glad you lived to tell about it and no serious injuries sustained - awesome!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Glad to hear you are ok. I was in a high side head on collision at 30 mph a couple yrs ago. Broken wrist and lots of bruises and sprains and a totalled bike. Happy that didn't happen to you.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
You can get a photobucket account. www.photobucket.com to host pictures. If you already can host them the code to use is
and remove the quotes and replace it with a link to the image. if not PM me and I'll host them for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts