StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mounted up a dunlop direzza 205 50 17.. With a wear rating of 300... Should be pretty dang sticky.. Cant wait to put 300 miles on it in the mountains 2morrow

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
[...] With a wear rating of 300... Should be pretty dang sticky.. [...]
300 wear rating isn't really considered sticky for a car tire; sticky tires (dot approved racing rubber) have a rating of 0 or 60 at most, and that rubber is a lot less sticky than what's on your average sport-touring bike tire.

I wouldn't be surprised if we never see a post-ride report; RIP ;)

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Just curious, this time of year in Idaho's mountains, will that be studded, or are you just going to chain up when you hit the passes, ??:mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I'm not sure if he didn't read the other topic about the dark side or if he just didn't think about the abuse he will get for doing this??.I have run the dark side,FOR ME it works but for others it might not.I for one will not go around and talk about it unless I'm asked !!.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
I think superman's post was a joke (either that, or the most succinct suicide note I've ever read).

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wellllll

since i only have a couple hundred miles on it I dont consider myself an expert but cornering isnt any big deal at all..just a bit more counter steering is required.. piece a cake.. braking .. with the added inertia of the larger tire a bit more pressure is required on the brake pedal.. but the braking traction is much better with 3 times as much rubber on the road.. crosswinds were MUCH easier to deal with.. sooooo all in all I am EXCEEDINGLY HAPPY with the results.. oh yeah.. I rode with 2 buds I have ridden with for a couple of years.. no difference in our pecking order..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts