StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2:
Pulled the trigger today, and after an almost 700 mile trip, she's home. Tan 2014 V-Strom 1000, with only 3372 miles. A couple of little scratches, but I say "Very Good Condition"

Came with crash bars (Pugi I think, look stout), a nice Touratech tank bag, Kakoa (sp?) throttle lock and new rubber.

Got it for $6580 out the door. I couldn't be happier... well, maybe for 6480...LOL.

WOOOOOOT Now to look for some Panniers and a Skid Plate.

Also, anyone have info on the Throttle lock?

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Congrats on the new bike.

I have this throttle lock on my bike. It's not as nice as true, smart, cruise control but it's much better than wearing out your muscles when on a long ride.

https://kaoko.com/B2C/

All the usual supply houses sell them.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I love my Kaoko throttle lock. You'll get used to using it fast. Just use the pinky to screw the ring towards you until it engages. You can still use the throttle if you need to, no worry that it will lock it down totally.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pic will be up today.... Heck, it's still in the back of the truck.... and walked in last night and CRASHED! (me into bed, not the bike) Got up this morning, and Mowed, chain sawed, pulled fence .... and she's still in the back of the truck!!! Buddy's on his way to help me unload.... I even sat on it and reved it a few times...LOL.

Reactions: TylerDurden

·
Registered
15,601 Posts
Truck in and outs can be a be a dangerous thing. I sold a really nice Kawasaki ZR7S to my wife's therapist. He was a dirt bike rider and thought the street bike might be nice.
I helped him load the bike in his truck and when he got home he didn't wait for a friend or his kid to help him unload in the rain and the bike got away and fell off the ramp in the rain.
Buggered up a pristine bike by being hasty. Dang the bad luck.

I found that U-Haul rents a great motorcycle trailer for 17 dollars a day. Low to the ground, long wide ramp tail gate and a wheel chock and tie downs at convenient intervals on the frame.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Congrats and you are a Tiller owner! I've owned 2 (both 98 yellow/black) and just loved the sound out of them. Miss'em but my old man knees are happier.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Way to go Mike! Enjoy that new ride!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As I have not got the paperwork sorted out on the bike, I got the TLR out this afternoon.... Was a blast. Love that bike....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts