StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i thought the manual said that when the gas light first comes on there was 4.5 litres of fuel left,so i figured that would be at least 80 klm,im glad i learned this leson close to home,so i got off work and bike wouldnt start,so there she stayed,there was 410 klm on the trip meter,i guess i will be carrying a jerry can there tommorow,for some reason i thought i could get 500 klm out of a tank,i did ride a fair bit of single track yesterday so that eats up fuel

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
I filled up last weekend after the first stage of the light had been flashing for maybe 20km (total 418km since the last fill) and I only needed 17 litres.
I have noticed though that now my Wee has some more miles on it (3500kms) I'm getting better mileage than when it was newer.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes last time at the same point i only put in 18 liters

i sure hope its out of gas,cranked it for a while then it fired,idled for a bout 30 seconds then stalled,now im a bit worried,the bottom square had flashed for about twenty klm ,then today 1took it short distance too work,but at 410 klm should still have gas,i took it easy this tank as too see what kinda mileage i could get .but did spend an hour putting around on some trails,also raised the screen to middle position as was rainy day,also, noticed top speed suffered from screen up,

·
Administrator
16,600 Posts
Don't let that happen much....you WILL burn up your fuel pump. I always go more by mileage than I do the gauge, the gauge isn't a very accurate or linear unit.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fuel pump

yes that was my first worry,well was relieved it took exactly 22 litres to fill up,but only 405 klm ,i guess is because it only got 1200 on it,next time i see that flash im going too the closest station

1 - 5 of 5 Posts