StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
washed my baby. I have about 1,300 miles so I figure it's about time. She shined up pretty good too!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Yeah, I wash mine maybe a couple of times a year, when the accumulation of bug guts and stuff on the wheels gets too bad. The dirt's not so bad, though - it hides the various scrapes and scratches.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Y'all kill me. I can't stand for my bike to be dirty. I ride in all sorts of weather, but my bike always gets a good detailed cleaning at least once a week. It only takes me about an hour to do this. I spot clean it as needed the rest of the week. This also gives me some good quality time to look over the bike for potential problems. A little preventive maintience goes a long way!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Little over 18,000 miles. I've hosed off some mud a couple/four times tops. Clean the bugs off the front a couple times a year maybe. Always looks good to me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Y'all kill me. I can't stand for my bike to be dirty. I ride in all sorts of weather, but my bike always gets a good detailed cleaning at least once a week. It only takes me about an hour to do this. I spot clean it as needed the rest of the week. This also gives me some good quality time to look over the bike for potential problems. A little preventive maintience goes a long way!
+1 but mine usually only gets a good detailing about once a month.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This also gives me some good quality time to look over the bike for potential problems. A little preventive maintience goes a long way!

I can really relate to this point because it is this method of management that has saved the lives, literally, of livestock on our farm when we have spotted an ailing animal to apply the correct medical treatment just in time. It has led to our actually laying on of hands twice per day as part of a preventive management program.

Actually, I was really joking about washing my bike because I wanted y'all to think I was a real dirt bike rider, which I'm not, but rather I have enjoyed the Zen of maintenance of my baby.

Your point about regular checking and watching and taking care is well made. I just hate shinning chrome. Thankfully, my baby doesn't have ANY chrome so I don't have to worry about that. I did notice that I need to apply some chain lube so...ya, good point. Thanx!:biggrinjester:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Um. Did you own a Harley in you previous life? With the Strom, don't you have chrome withdrawal? Just kidding. I keep mine pretty clean as well.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Got mine washed today. It rained on the way home!:thumbup:

·
Registered
705 Posts

I don't always wash my bike, but when I do I prefer S100.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just rode my bike from Miami to WNC and was lucky enough to hit swarms of love bugs in central Fl. I dare anyone not to wash their bike (and helmet, and jacket, and boots) after that pleasure!

·
Registered
522 Posts

I don't always wash my bike, but when I do I prefer S100.
I've been using that stuff for 20 years now. It's the only thing I use to clean my bikes with. Hardley riders would be envious of how clean my strom is.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Every once in a while you see a for sale ad where the owner brags that the only time the bike has been wet has been when it was washed. :fineprint:

Mine usually only gets cleaned when I ride in the rain... :biggrinjester:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts