StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called the dealership and put things in motion. Decided to go with the 11 model new. They gave me a good deal with 0 % financing. Also got the black one. Will post more when the deal is done and I have the bike at the house. Also getting the OEM bags for the $199.00. Will probably be Monday or Tuesday before I pick the bike up. They are getting it from another dealership.
David

·
Registered
275 Posts
Congrats David! Now the fun starts; you thought farkling the Valkyrie was fun? Wait until ya get started on the Wee. A big difference is that most of the stuff you put on the Wee won't "shine". Welcome to the madness. :hurray:

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, I know you will enjoy it

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ask the dealer about getting an OEM top case for $199.00 as well. That's how I got mine. I had to wait a while for it but it was worth it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I went with the $199 deal for my 2011 as well and so far am very happy with them. Plan to add a top case this summer to finish out the set. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I've enjoyed mine! Congrats.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Congrats on the soon to be delivered bike. Gotta love that new bike smell!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Called the dealership and put things in motion. Decided to go with the 11 model new. They gave me a good deal with 0 % financing. Also got the black one. Will post more when the deal is done and I have the bike at the house. Also getting the OEM bags for the $199.00. Will probably be Monday or Tuesday before I pick the bike up. They are getting it from another dealership.
David
I just pulled the trigger on the same deal last Saturday, bags and all. I ordered a matching trunk and back rest to go on the trunk for the Mrs. We went on our first ride yesterday, 200 miles almost exactly, and it was a really nice ride for both of us. I still immensely miss my DRZ, but I'm loving the strom.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Congrats David! Now the fun starts; you thought farkling the Valkyrie was fun? Wait until ya get started on the Wee. A big difference is that most of the stuff you put on the Wee won't "shine". Welcome to the madness. :hurray:
+1, but when you can ride instead of polish, it's totally worth it!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Congratulations David - you will really like the Wee. Way different than the Valk, but I got the Wee for a stablemate to go back out west and up to Alaska and found myself cranking the Valk for the first time since May while I was at home this time.

Just got back to Africa after a couple of days of travel, so will get in touch with you when I get back to the States and see what you think.

Again, different than the Valk, but in a good way (to me).:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congratulations David - you will really like the Wee. Way different than the Valk, but I got the Wee for a stablemate to go back out west and up to Alaska and found myself cranking the Valk for the first time since May while I was at home this time.

Just got back to Africa after a couple of days of travel, so will get in touch with you when I get back to the States and see what you think.

Again, different than the Valk, but in a good way (to me).:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Kathy doesn't want me to sell the Valkyrie. I'll give it 6 months and then decide. What windshield are you using? I picked up a black one also. Still at the dealership having the OEM bags put on. Not as strong as the bags you have. I ordered a center stand already. Got a ton of stuff yet to get. Will take time especially adding stuff to Kathy's Can Am Spyder.
David

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just pulled the trigger on the same deal last Saturday, bags and all. I ordered a matching trunk and back rest to go on the trunk for the Mrs. We went on our first ride yesterday, 200 miles almost exactly, and it was a really nice ride for both of us. I still immensely miss my DRZ, but I'm loving the strom.
Haven't rode mine yet. Will probably go Monday or Tuesday and pick it up. If the weather will let me.
David

·
Registered
98 Posts
The windshield I got was the Cee Baily. A lot of people get great buffet elimination just using the Madstadt adjustable bracket.

I found on the Cee Baily that I should have gotten one size smaller than my height dictated using the chart because the top of the windshield hits right at eye level, so I find myself tucking down when riding just a bit. My windshield would be perfect if it was an inch or two shorter. Raised it up to top mount with the standard mount. It helped but now I am looking through the windshield unless I raise up on the back of the seat.

I am going to give it a couple more long rides and see how it works now. I may have to either cut it down an inch or two or try an adjustable bracket.

Haven't sold my Valk either but I sure don't get it into the wind much anymore. Like I said, first tank of gas put in since May when I was home last time. I like the little Wee.

Anything I might find to complain about is usually part of reasons that keep the price down but still have been able to dress the Wee out and still keep the overall price cheaper than almost anything else out there.

As a fellow Wee/Valk rider, so far what I have found is....The suspension is far nicer on the stock Wee. You won't mind mild bumpy or secondary roads on it and much, much more stable (fun to ride) in gravel or dirt. Brakes are good on the Wee - about what you are use to but you will like it because of the weight difference. If I remember right, I think you put an IS tank. If so, mileage is going to be about the same (225-250 per tank). You will feel the heighth in turns - actually a RIOT in the twisties. The bike feels stable - just way different - I love it in the curves. I can't wait to get back to NC/Tennessee again to see how she slides through those twisties. You will find that you don't have the roll on "oomph" of the Valk, but the Wee has never lacked power at anytime. Always responsive in curves and on the superslab. You will find yourself using your shift foot a LOT more. I have to watch the GPS for speed because the Wee is so smooth, at times, you don't realize how fast you are sailing.

Wind maintenance has not been an issue. Takes a bit more lean than on the heavier cruiser but have ridden in some fairly good gusts with no issues.

Seriously, I love the Wee and there are a lot of fellow Valk/Wee riders here. I hate to say it but if I don't get the Valk out more, it is going to be hard to justify the insurance - I find myselt throwing my leg over the Wee all the time. Not as low or as comfortable on a long superslab run, but handles it just fine and a lot more fun when you roll over to the two lanes.....:thumbup:

First thing on a long ride is you may, or may not, find the seat comfortable but I just threw on an Alaskan Leather wool pad and it helped a LOT. Some folks find the buffeting to be unfortable. I did as well - but only at highway speeds. The centerstand will help a BUNCH with chain maintenance. Oh, and you may want to use your GPS (for speed). The speedo is even less accurate than a Valk. Well, the Standard/Tourer would be close, but the IS was more accurate. The Wee is going to be 5-7 mph off throughout the zone. I use the GPS on the superslab and trap areas just to minimize the contributions to the LAW Christmas funds. Especially with your "master mechanical" skills (Warlock was only one of two people I would trust my Valk to) - there is no telling what type of super monster you are going to get the powerplant to become! :mrgreen:

Congratulations again buddy!!!! You are not going to regret it. Welcome to the Wee World.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The windshield I got was the Cee Baily. A lot of people get great buffet elimination just using the Madstadt adjustable bracket.

I found on the Cee Baily that I should have gotten one size smaller than my height dictated using the chart because the top of the windshield hits right at eye level, so I find myself tucking down when riding just a bit. My windshield would be perfect if it was an inch or two shorter. Raised it up to top mount with the standard mount. It helped but now I am looking through the windshield unless I raise up on the back of the seat.

I am going to give it a couple more long rides and see how it works now. I may have to either cut it down an inch or two or try an adjustable bracket.

Haven't sold my Valk either but I sure don't get it into the wind much anymore. Like I said, first tank of gas put in since May when I was home last time. I like the little Wee.

Anything I might find to complain about is usually part of reasons that keep the price down but still have been able to dress the Wee out and still keep the overall price cheaper than almost anything else out there.

As a fellow Wee/Valk rider, so far what I have found is....The suspension is far nicer on the stock Wee. You won't mind mild bumpy or secondary roads on it and much, much more stable (fun to ride) in gravel or dirt. Brakes are good on the Wee - about what you are use to but you will like it because of the weight difference. If I remember right, I think you put an IS tank. If so, mileage is going to be about the same (225-250 per tank). You will feel the heighth in turns - actually a RIOT in the twisties. The bike feels stable - just way different - I love it in the curves. I can't wait to get back to NC/Tennessee again to see how she slides through those twisties. You will find that you don't have the roll on "oomph" of the Valk, but the Wee has never lacked power at anytime. Always responsive in curves and on the superslab. You will find yourself using your shift foot a LOT more. I have to watch the GPS for speed because the Wee is so smooth, at times, you don't realize how fast you are sailing.

Wind maintenance has not been an issue. Takes a bit more lean than on the heavier cruiser but have ridden in some fairly good gusts with no issues.

Seriously, I love the Wee and there are a lot of fellow Valk/Wee riders here. I hate to say it but if I don't get the Valk out more, it is going to be hard to justify the insurance - I find myselt throwing my leg over the Wee all the time. Not as low or as comfortable on a long superslab run, but handles it just fine and a lot more fun when you roll over to the two lanes.....:thumbup:

First thing on a long ride is you may, or may not, find the seat comfortable but I just threw on an Alaskan Leather wool pad and it helped a LOT. Some folks find the buffeting to be unfortable. I did as well - but only at highway speeds. The centerstand will help a BUNCH with chain maintenance. Oh, and you may want to use your GPS (for speed). The speedo is even less accurate than a Valk. Well, the Standard/Tourer would be close, but the IS was more accurate. The Wee is going to be 5-7 mph off throughout the zone. I use the GPS on the superslab and trap areas just to minimize the contributions to the LAW Christmas funds. Especially with your "master mechanical" skills (Warlock was only one of two people I would trust my Valk to) - there is no telling what type of super monster you are going to get the powerplant to become! :mrgreen:

Congratulations again buddy!!!! You are not going to regret it. Welcome to the Wee World.
I found a site that you can change out the plate on the speedometer to the correct speed. I think $40.00 for the change out. I will be doing my own maintenance as usually and we can get together and do yours also if you like. I now have a nice shop and plenty of room. Will be hooking up the gps on it also. Will probably leave this one pretty stock:bom_rolleyes2:
David

·
Registered
118 Posts
Congratulations! Your gonna like your wee. More nice features (gas gauge, temp gauge, clock) than the Valk? They are different types of bikes. I don't miss all that polishing. I've not had issues with the wind but the factory seat needs to go for any kind of trip. Good move! Enjoy.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congratulations! Your gonna like your wee. More nice features (gas gauge, temp gauge, clock) than the Valk? They are different types of bikes. I don't miss all that polishing. I've not had issues with the wind but the factory seat needs to go for any kind of trip. Good move! Enjoy.
Going to give the seat a chance and if I like it planning on adding the Utopia backrest.
David

1 - 16 of 16 Posts