StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody experienced a failure with their Hepco Becker crash bars?

Someone had pointed this out to me several weeks ago, and I honestly hadn't noticed it. I did have the bike fall over in my driveway which is gravel and grass, but I don't know if that is why this happened.

·
0 Posts
I just check all the welds on my HB bars, and all seems fine to me.

They've been on for a little over a year/8,000 miles, and have never been "tested".

I'd contact HB or the place your purchased them from to see if anything can be done.

BTD.

·
Registered
537 Posts
yes i have the same crack on the same exact location. I called eurotech the main supplier that suplies all the dealers. I spoke to a guy named chris whom told me to emial him a pic of the crack. I hope they can replace it.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
I heard that problem occured only with early versions of the HB crashbars and had been corrected in later versions(?).

·
Registered
537 Posts
the crashbars i have are second hand in good condition. i just heard back from the guy at eurotech and they are sending out a replacement free.
maybe the set i have is older version

·
Registered
70 Posts
My left one did the same thing a while back (posted some pics then). I sent pics to Amotostuff where I got them and they sent me a replacement. If you reach down and grab one while riding you'll note there's a good bit of vibration in them so I kinda figured it would happen at some point. I'm just hoping it doesn't again.

·
Registered
537 Posts
i was using frame sliders, but thought the crashbars might be better, but maybe i could add some vibration isolation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts