StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
It's funny this just happened now. I heard TT got started as a business years ago by Eric doing a group buy of SW-Motech items for riders, some of whom at least were members here and at VSRI. Please correct me if that's just a rumor.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Twisted is one of my favorite places to spend money! :thumbup:
Mike

·
Registered
85 Posts
I recently ordered one of their dry-bag systems. When I received them, the larger bag had one of the buckles sewn on upside down. They were able to facilitate a trouble-free exchange and provided a return shipping label to keep my costs nil. They're a class act, and sell some great products - I'll be sure to use them again in the future.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi All.

We're pretty excited to be here! Greywolf you're exactally right about how Twisted Throttle got started. Rick505 pointed out our history written by it's founder Erik which says:

Twisted Throttle LLC began in June 2002 with a "group buy" of SW-MOTECH centerstands, crashbars and luggage systems for a handful of early Suzuki V-Strom fanatics, of whom I happened to be the one nutty enough to call a German manufacturer on the telephone and demand that they send me a shipment immediately.

After the first group buy, I started receiving steady inquiries about importing additional European products, and I started thinking it might not be so crazy to be a motorcycle accessory importer. Soon after, I picked a name, got a business license, and converted my apartment's garage to my first warehouse".

I would have to ask Erik but I believe it may have been StromTrooper and VSRI that started it all as Greywolf pointed out. As a guy who is gainfully employed because of this - Thank you!

Kevin

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Hi All.

We're pretty excited to be here! Greywolf you're exactally right about how Twisted Throttle got started. Rick505 pointed out our history written by it's founder Erik which says:

Twisted Throttle LLC began in June 2002 with a "group buy" of SW-MOTECH centerstands, crashbars and luggage systems for a handful of early Suzuki V-Strom fanatics, of whom I happened to be the one nutty enough to call a German manufacturer on the telephone and demand that they send me a shipment immediately.

After the first group buy, I started receiving steady inquiries about importing additional European products, and I started thinking it might not be so crazy to be a motorcycle accessory importer. Soon after, I picked a name, got a business license, and converted my apartment's garage to my first warehouse".

I would have to ask Erik but I believe it may have been StromTrooper and VSRI that started it all as Greywolf pointed out. As a guy who is gainfully employed because of this - Thank you!

Kevin
That's a great story! :thumbup:

I too like you guys - a happy customer.

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Twisted Throttle

Nice place, nice staff. My wife and I visited their old shop shortly before they moved. The do have awesome neat stuff and it was interesting to see around their inventing - creating - playing workshop where they designed and tested prototypes. I need a job like that !
They have been good to us in past years coming to many of our events and giving out freebies. Thanks TT.

·
Registered
161 Posts
When I bought my DL1000K7 back in April 2009 I ordered AND RECEIVED about $1500 worth of goodies from T.T. BEFORE I TOOK DELIVERY OF THE BIKE!!!!
:yikes:

Since then I've ordered stuff from them a few times AND visited them at Americade and Daytona Bike Week or Biketoberfest (can't recall which) to test-fit a tank bag for my Alaska Trip!

I wore out the bag's electrical contacts and TT/SW-Motech swapped it out FOR FREE after using it for 20,000+ miles (2 yr warranty I believe!!)

LOVE THIS PLACE!!

Bikeless in Bagram,

Dave

1 - 15 of 15 Posts