StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 days, 650 miles (give or take) catskills with BigMan, then across to the Finger Lakes to see friend, and home again to the Hudson Valley today.

With lunch stops and futzing around, 2 full days of blue route hammering along, the old girl performed beautifully, and put 120-plus on the clocks on a downhill stretch for a moment or two.

I think I may get myself a fork brace :)

Firstgear TPG jacket was fantastic, Corbin was comfy, and I could have done another couple of days...

Interstate is boring, US routes are slow, State Roads and County Roads are a song waiting around the corner everywhere. Couldn't have been happier.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Lots of US routes are sweet, don't paint with such a broad brush. :mrgreen:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Lots of US routes are sweet, don't paint with such a broad brush. :mrgreen:
Not all Interstates are boring for motorcyclists, some are downright harrowing.

I've driven a cage and more frequently a rented 28' Class "C" motorhome, serving as geriatric transporter, through the region. The whole time I was fantsizing about what it would be like to be on a bike there.

Not to get all safety nanny on your ass but, if you intend to repeat the buck-twenty, I wouldn't stop with the fork brace. I get a steering stabilizer, pull the forks up about 1/2 inch through the tubes and remove all the luggage.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was for a mere moment going downhill. Not an experience I'd repeat.

"Pics or it didn't happen" etc etc:

And, without further comment, I'd like to present the greatest small business of all time:

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems like everything east of the Mississippi and south of the North Pole is bizarrely warm and mild at the moment. I was sweating with the jacket vents open.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
That was one cool trip.
Here are two more:

The off-road part was fun but risky due to that oily red clay-like mud.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
One more, I rode in dense fog to get to SuperSlomo who was waiting in Port Jervis. Couldn't see 50 ft ahead. (Picture taken in High Point State Park, NY)
For those who have a keen eye - something is wrong with this picture. I found out a about it only when I got home..

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got it! You have no numbers on your license plate! :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I've got it! You have no numbers on your license plate! :biggrinjester:
Nope!
Try again - nothing photoshopped. Look carefully for something that is there but shouldn't be there..Hint: I came back home and looked for something, and then found it in the photo..

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Nope!
Try again - nothing photoshopped. Look carefully for something that is there but shouldn't be there..Hint: I came back home and looked for something, and then found it in the photo..
Earplugs or a lanyard of some sort lying in the road.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I see it now. Is it a USB cable, or similar thing?

Man, that's got to be a bit frustrating.

:headbang:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
By the way, nice pictures.

Looked like a terrific ride.

I'm hoping to do a trip up to New England soon, fisrt I need another bike.

We'd be on backroads and swing North of the City.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
By the way, nice pictures.
Looked like a terrific ride.

I'm hoping to do a trip up to New England soon, fisrt I need another bike.

We'd be on backroads and swing North of the City.
Thanks! I have more.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Stromin'Nroman, if you want any suggestions when you get to that point, given that I live north of the city, and have been around and about on a pretty good share of the backroads from the Jersey line north to the western MA border, I can possibly find you some fun spots to travel through.

Really good time riding with BigMan, and beautiful rest of the day afterwards, and solo ride home on Sunday. Couldn't have asked for better.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts