StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
+1

My experience with this company has always been good. I've owned fork springs for the DL650, and had a rear shock for a Downhill Mtn Bike (which is basically a motocross bike without the motor :yesnod:) - I mention this since they did rebuilds on the shock twice (normal maintenance needed), and it was good work and they were a pleasure to work with.

·
Registered
83 Posts
465 Progressive

I have had a non-RAP 465 on the back of the SVStrom for the last year and it is a great upgrade on and off road.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Went Progressive front and rear on my garbage bag green KLR (the wandering green whale) once stock suspension had worn out.

Zero regrets...cheaper then Ohlins...easy install...suspended very well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I ordered Progressive suspension rear shock + progressive springs for front installed 2 months ago.

The overall quality of shock remains to be seen.
Mounting bolts for the adjuster + attacment screw for adjustent knob are really low quality. They started to rust 2 weeks after installation looking very bad.
I have now replaced those with stainless steel ones.

I used 10W brand of synthetic oil for front forks.
Now I can see that a bit more damping is required.
15W would be a better choice
The recommened spacer is too long. I would shorten it at least 1/4 of inch compared to instructions.

I live in Finland and the temperature has not been over 20 C yet.
==> front work will probably not work better when temperature rises.

My Wee is 2007 model 1000 cc.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi,

I ordered Progressive suspension rear shock + progressive springs for front installed 2 months ago.

The overall quality of shock remains to be seen.
Mounting bolts for the adjuster + attacment screw for adjustent knob are really low quality. They started to rust 2 weeks after installation looking very bad.
I have now replaced those with stainless steel ones.

I used 10W brand of synthetic oil for front forks.
Now I can see that a bit more damping is required.
15W would be a better choice
The recommened spacer is too long. I would shorten it at least 1/4 of inch compared to instructions.

I live in Finland and the temperature has not been over 20 C yet.
==> front work will probably not work better when temperature rises.

My Wee is 2007 model 1000 cc.
Progressive Suspension reply?......

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think the reason for the manufacturers to change from damper rod forks to chambered forks is because the damper rod forks are too progressive. So why put in a progressive spring as it seems it would exacerbate the issue.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Does anyone know the correct phone number to reach Progressive?

I called 877-690-7411 as per website but there was no service.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Recently replaced my stock shock with a PS465 w/RAP. I thought my stock shock was OK.....until the swap. Much smoother ride and better control, with more defined adjustments. We (wifey on back) noticed a huge ride improvement on the slab and bumpy back roads. For the price (<$600) this is the replacement shock to beat.

·
Super Moderator
16,890 Posts
Nothing going on in this section, most certainly nothing from Progressive.......is this still legit and up to date?

·
aka Rick in Alabama
503 Posts
Have owned Progressive products for the front and rear of several of my motorcycles. Never a problem with any of them.

:thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts