StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, today I removed my amotostuff bash plate and bracket. Then I adjusted my chain. When I went to go ride it, it started up like normal then as soon as I put it into gear it died. WTF. I checked the kickstand switch and it appeared to be fine.

Any thoughts?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Take another look at the switch if you get a CHEC at the clock position when in gear. It fits the symptoms and is in the area you were working. Make sure the wires are attached and not cut or pinched. Also see that the stand moving up and down pushes the switch a full stroke and the switch contact moves fully in and out,

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take another look at the switch if you get a CHEC at the clock position when in gear. It fits the symptoms and is in the area you were working. Make sure the wires are attached and not cut or pinched. Also see that the stand moving up and down pushes the switch a full stroke and the switch contact moves fully in and out,
Thanks gw. I do get a chec in gear, the wires are not cut or pinched that I can see and the switch moves fully in and out. :headbang:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
See if the switch creates continuity at the wire connections. If it does, the green wire may be broken or disconnected at the relay it goes to. There could also be a problem with the relay. You can also try connecting the green and black/white wires going to the switch. If that works, you'll know the switch is the problem and the bike will run. Just be careful you don't ride it with the side stand down until the switch is replaced.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See if the switch creates continuity at the wire connections. If it does, the green wire may be broken or disconnected at the relay it goes to. There could also be a problem with the relay. You can also try connecting the green and black/white wires going to the switch. If that works, you'll know the switch is the problem and the bike will run. Just be careful you don't ride it with the side stand down until the switch is replaced.
Ok, I connected the green and black/white wires going to the switch and that did it:hurray:. So off to get a new switch I go.

Thanks again GW

1 - 5 of 5 Posts