StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just bought a low milage (11,600) 2008 vstrom which i rode home 200 miles, & was delighted with it in all aspects. However, next day, after re-fuelling, i attempted to re-set the odometer. The speedometer & odo. stopped working, just flickers whilst decelerating.
I have read numerous posts, examined all the connectors, checked the sender by the method shown in the manual, all to no avail.
The clocks perform the initial sweep on switch on.
I wonder if i have somehow altered the clock by pressing the set & adj buttons. Anyone else had experience of this, or suggestions of what else to attempt.
Thanks in anticipation!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi all, just bought a low milage (11,600) 2008 vstrom which i rode home 200 miles, & was delighted with it in all aspects. However, next day, after re-fuelling, i attempted to re-set the odometer. The speedometer & odo. stopped working, just flickers whilst decelerating.
I have read numerous posts, examined all the connectors, checked the sender by the method shown in the manual, all to no avail.
The clocks perform the initial sweep on switch on.
I wonder if i have somehow altered the clock by pressing the set & adj buttons. Anyone else had experience of this, or suggestions of what else to attempt.
Thanks in anticipation!
COme on boys! No ideas??[

·
Registered
15,623 Posts
I have no idea of the solution to your problem but....Your response to no immediate responses has been a trait I've noticed lately.
Some questions go unanswered for an interval, usually a short one, and the poster is seemingly annoyed.
Patience Grasshopper and good luck with the suggested answers, if they materialize.

·
Registered
969 Posts
The button or buttons may be stuck. You should hear/ feel a slight click when depressed. Try disconnecting the battery for a minute or two.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have no idea of the solution to your problem but....Your response to no immediate responses has been a trait I've noticed lately.
Some questions go unanswered for an interval, usually a short one, and the poster is seemingly annoyed.
Patience Grasshopper and good luck with the suggested answers, if they materialize.
Apologies , but this is you reading too much into it!. I am frustrated with the bike, and was just encouraging answers, whether useful or not!.
Anyhow, thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
561 Posts
The button or buttons may be stuck. You should hear/ feel a slight click when depressed. Try disconnecting the battery for a minute or two.
If the battery trick fails, I would also try a couple of light taps on the switch housing. This might allow them to rebound.

Good luck with your issue!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts