StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey just curious to c if anyone can help me,when i pull on my front brake it seems to make like a screathing sound, any ideas to what it could be??

·
Administrator
16,990 Posts
Are you at the wear limit, rust on disc, or a glaze on pads?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Funny, I get a wierd sound when I lock up the front brake, kinda a screaching sound followed by a crunch and grind noise.....Any ideas??

Seriously, I took the front wheel off this morning because of a wierd noise and low and behold, the front bearings are really really rough. Should I stick with the stock bearings or is there an aftermarket bearing that will work better. (I know, don't use a pressure washer. But I have to, it gets too dirty to "dust off")

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Bearings come in standard sizes. You might want to use a bearing that is sealed on both sides for a possible longer life.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Bearings come in standard sizes. You might want to use a bearing that is sealed on both sides for a possible longer life.
That's what I was thinking. I ride in all conditions and in all weather and I have a feeling that the stock bearings would fail again. Not bad I guess for 9000 miles in 4 months, especially in the conditions I ride in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts