StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try to save weight on the DL?
I'm temped to rip off the front fairing to see that that does. Will it even look good?
I took off the rear luggage rack, and that saved a good 10 pounds! (lighter one will be reattached soon.)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Sometimes I think it would be easier and cheaper to lose a few pounds rather than strip the bike down or spend money on lightweight components. I weigh 220lbs and figure if I could shed about 30lbs my strom would fly. :lol: Dan

F

·
0 Posts
Haha that's a good point. A lot of motorcyclists are concerned with weight savings, but very few of us are built like horse jockeys :lol: .

- Chad

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
trailbuster30 said:
Sometimes I think it would be easier and cheaper to lose a few pounds rather than strip the bike down or spend money on lightweight components. I weigh 220lbs and figure if I could shed about 30lbs my strom would fly. :lol: Dan
I'm only 150.......i NEED to gain weight!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fish said:
Haha that's a good point. A lot of motorcyclists are concerned with weight savings, but very few of us are built like horse jockeys :lol: .

- Chad
if only I was succesfull with the muffler guard molds, I would make the entire front fairing of carbon fiber!!!

going to do the rear rack as a CF plate soon.....as long as find some flat metal sheets

·
Registered
178 Posts
I did take my helmet lock off, doesn't work well with my Nolan. That must have saved 6 oz's, heavy little sucker. :D

Did it though to get a bit better access to my shock for adjustments.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts