StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to start the bike this morning, and the bike wouldn't idle, I rode it last week for a couple of days without an issue.

I gave it some revs and put it in gear to get going, once mobile it seems to run fine but once I slow down at a T junction etc she stops. Is it a matter of adjusting the idle screw or could it be something else.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
What year is it? 2006 and earlier models have an idle speed adjustment that should be set to about 1300rpm. 2007 and later models are not adjustable and being far off 1300 means something else is wrong, usually the throttle position sensor which has been changed in 2011.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What year is it? 2006 and earlier models have an idle speed adjustment that should be set to about 1300rpm. 2007 and later models are not adjustable and being far off 1300 means something else is wrong, usually the throttle position sensor which has been changed in 2011.
Greywolf - It is an 06, The idle speed adjustment where would this be located, is it different to the idle screw adjustment or are these the same thing.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Same thing. Before I went to wrenching I would try to hold the bike at 1300 rpm with the throttle and see if it will run without stalling. If it won't idle, look at the TPS adjustment next.

My Vee did this and it was the TPS out of adjustment.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New TPS

It needed a new TPS and another wire was off something else. All good now.

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts