StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wonder exactly what a Wee is. The best I can make out is it is a 650 versus a 1000. My Valk is to big for a daily commuter so have been looking for a second bike. My first bike was a KLR but didn't spend a lot of time off road. AT 6'6" I liked the ergos of the KLR. I had a enjoyable ride on a used '08 DL650 this afternoon which brings me to this site. Great price too!

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
V-Strom terminology 101

I was wonder exactly what a Wee is. The best I can make out is it is a 650 versus a 1000. My Valk is to big for a daily commuter so have been looking for a second bike. My first bike was a KLR but didn't spend a lot of time off road. AT 6'6" I liked the ergos of the KLR. I had a enjoyable ride on a used '08 DL650 this afternoon which brings me to this site. Great price too!
You sound like the perfect victim for either V-Strom.

Bar risers, a tall windscreen with a MadStad bracket and you'll be saying Valker-what?

A "Wee" is a V-Strom DL650 and is available with or without ABS brakes.

A "Vee" is a V-Strom DL1000 and is not available with ABS brakes and has a slightly taller seat height.

The DL650 is a great economical solo commuter, the DL1000 is better at two-up and high-speed touring.

Great ergos for someone of your stature.

They are lot more like each other than either one is like anything else, which explains a certain degree of sibling rivalry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

The 650 seems like just what I'm looking for. I like there is the tall seat and windshield. Time to get serious!!! :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Valker with a Vee

I too have a Valk, a 98 Tourer and wanted something that gets better mileage but could still take on the road for long distance. Found an 06 1000 in Florida, flew down and rode it back to Texas with no problems. I decided to go with the Vee as I wanted the long distance pull and did want to lose the power that I was used to with the Valk. I think either one would be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts